Microsoft Launches $10 Zune Music Pass, Expands to Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaho0006

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
I'm just happy I can still stay with the 10 songs plan, although I have been wondering if they will still let you pay yearly. 10 songs plus unlimited rental downloads for 12.50 a month has been a great deal so far

Ishkrish

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Regretfully no one cares that much about zune on the west coast here in Canada. With a lot looser restrictions on regulations on music piracy, this may not do so well on the west side.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Kinda late for Canada... if Zune pass and Zune Social worked 3 years ago when people were actually buying Zunes they might have had a chance.

Instead every Zune sale in Canada was a return because you could not even buy music from their integrated store in Canada.... and on top of that the did their damn best to hide this fact.

There is no possible way anyone in Canada can trust Zune.

jakes69

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I'm glad I'm grandfathered. Only $12.50 a month...I get to download 10 songs for my wife Iphone...and I keep all the subscription songs...what a great deal!

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]"It costs $30,000 to fill an ipod" What idiot would spend all that money anyway. I wouldn't even pay $1000[/citation]
iPod owners probably would. After all, they're not the sharpest tools in the shed - just tools.

firekraker

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]I'll stick to Pandora[/citation]

The problem with all these other sites is that you need to stream. Unlimited data plans in the US are about to disappear. Zune is both beautiful, priced decently, and does not require streaming to enjoy. I currently have a WP7 Focus and the experience has been great. All the while not being a pirate.

And the best part is you can sample entire albums and decide if their are other songs worth grabbing right when you want it.

FYI I do also carry accounts with Pandora, Last FM, and Digitally Imported so I am familiar with those sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.