Microsoft Office 2010 System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunted one

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
Announcing minimum software requirements is, possibly, the most boring news item possible. It's always the same, albeit maybe 128 MB more RAM

G

Slated to launch next month ?!

Are they releasing Office 2010 on February ?!!!

jfem

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
[citation][nom]dlanijer[/nom]sounds pretty good. will MSWord be included on the package?[/citation]
Yes it is.

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
[citation][nom]dlanijer[/nom]sounds pretty good. will MSWord be included on the package?[/citation]

And it ever isn't?

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]the_punkinator[/nom]And it ever isn't?[/citation]
MS was in some patent mess with Word a few months ago and there was some suggestion that it would stop being sold in the US.

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]MS was in some patent mess with Word a few months ago and there was some suggestion that it would stop being sold in the US.[/citation]

I'll shutup next time. =[

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Some institutions are run by Section Managers with next to no appreciation of Systems Design and Analysis. They will purchase new, expensive software without proper consultation and then refuse to account for the increase memory footprint that would be second nature to a lot of people here.

An associate works as a Technical Officer for a large, well-known large cleaning company. His job is to ensure the department's computer systems (desktop PC's), run efficiently and that any hardware or software problems are swiftly rectified. Yet he's refused requisite hardware upgrades on account of budgetary constrains, by the same people who spend large amounts of money on certain corporate events, or unnecessary software. The staff are expected to do more work with less resources, and it's those people I feel sorry for.

Coincidentally, my associate is now looking at starting up his own consultation business.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
System requirement are so optimistic. You cant run s*** with 512mb of RAM.

My minimum system requirement: 2Ghz+ dual core, 4GB+ RAM, 1TB of storage, no ATI cards, Windows 7 x64.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
For consumers running 32-bit operating systems, the 32-bit version of Office 2010 is compatible with Windows 7, Vista with SP1, XP with SP3, Server 2008, and Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0.
For those running 64-bit operating systems, the 32-bit version of Office 2010 is compatible with Windows 7, Vista SP1, Server 2008 R2, Server 2008, and Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0.
The 64-bit version of Office 2010 will not work on Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0.
What 64-bit version? You only mentioned 32-bit versions! Are you another victim of copy and paste!?!

G

@ Rab1d

I would have tried that out for you (I had a comp running at the min specs), but my wife made me throw that machine out... men, when you get married, be sure to hide your toys :-\

pochacco007

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
there really isn't a reason for buying any more office 2xxx from microsoft any more. the recent releases aren't doing much that the previous versions have done. what it means is that the product has gotten good enough for the people. even worse is that the newer version are actually a lot worse then before.

one example where it's worse then before is the file/save feature. when i bought my laptop and it was preloaded with the office 2007, i had to figure out how to save the damn thing. then they added these new features which i didn't care much about.

Status
Not open for further replies.