audaciousgoat

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
I'm running a 64bit version of Windows 7 on a computer that's a few years old. I recently installed malwarebytes, and found a few trojans and a good bit of adware. Aside from that, my computer is very clean. I quarantined the viruses, but just now my computer has been acting absurdly laggy, taking about 10 seconds to allow me to type anything into Firefox. I tried updating microsoft security essentials, which hasn't been able to update since November of 2013, and I keep getting the error message 0x80070002, I tried installing a new version of it completely, but it gives me the error message you see in the computer. Any help or assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

audaciousgoat

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014

I ran microsoftfixit, and it didn't give me results, if it was supposed to. It still won't let me update Microsoft Security Essentials however, and I'm getting an error message I was getting before, I forgot to mention it. Code 80070643, which it classifies as an unknown error.
When I tried uninstalling security essentials, it tells me it can't find some file like ess.msi. It gives me the error code 0x8007064