Microsoft Shuts Down Rustock Botnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfatcheric

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
Wow.. How about some spell and grammar checking. I think I'm done with Toms, the quality has slipped to an all new low.

Snipergod87

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Snipergod87[/nom]One down and way to many left go to...Damn "Submit My Comment" button does NOT work in IE9, Toms Staff can you fix this.[/citation]

I meant to say does NOT work reliably.

G

a bunch of devices connected and controlled via a central system.... iOS is a botnet?

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
[citation][nom]iOSBotnet[/nom]a bunch of devices connected and controlled via a central system.... iOS is a botnet?[/citation]
Yes, whoever controls iOS has that much power. Same for Android and probably others.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
In a related story, the US Marshals and Microsoft have discovered evidence to prove that Apple is actually nothing more than a sophisticated Botnet that has pioneered the use of proprietary hardware components into the net.

So far the Apple botnet seems to have only been used to push spam apps and emotions of unjustified superiority on its victims. Officials are unsure if any more nefarious plans are in store for the botnet's victims.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Alright. Lock and load, Microsoft... time to do something about it.

...now if only they could get rid of all those Nigerian princes who need my bank account to break out of the country. Man, quality control down there must suck with so many of them... :D

mleejr

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]rfatcheric[/nom]Wow.. How about some spell and grammar checking. I think I'm done with Toms, the quality has slipped to an all new low.[/citation]

I'll correct your grammar mistakes for you in your stone throwing sentence.

Wow. (one period) How about some spelling (ing) and grammar checking? (a question) I think I'm done with Toms. (period, end of statement) T(cap)he quality has slipped to an all new low.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
[citation][nom]Snipergod87[/nom]One down and way to many left go to...Damn "Submit My Comment" button does NOT work in IE9, Toms Staff can you fix this.[/citation]
Use Chrome or Firefox, fix't.
I would have just given you thumbs down but they don't work. People who use IE and complain that stuff on the internet doesn't succeed on their fail browser is very 2007. Get with the times.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Sometimes don't work in any browser - from time to time I have to copy paste from chrome to ie or vise versa to post at all. But being unable to log in from a mobile device and the 'desktop version' not working is even more annoying than their piece of beep cms

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
[citation][nom]mleejr[/nom]I'll correct your grammar mistakes for you in your stone throwing sentence.Wow. (one period) How about some spelling (ing) and grammar checking? (a question) I think I'm done with Toms. (period, end of statement) T(cap)he quality has slipped to an all new low.[/citation]

The difference is, he is not a paid journalist. He also has every right to question poor grammar.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]hanrak[/nom]The difference is, he is not a paid journalist. He also has every right to question poor grammar.[/citation]
And paid journalists aren't paid proof readers. They're paid to inform you, which they do if you focus on their content, rather than how they try to communicate it to you.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]And paid journalists aren't paid proof readers. They're paid to inform you, which they do if you focus on their content, rather than how they try to communicate it to you.[/citation]

i wonder why they don't have a proof reader though >_< english majors usually have a hard time finding employment, i bet they could find one cheap!

hanrak

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]And paid journalists aren't paid proof readers. They're paid to inform you, which they do if you focus on their content, rather than how they try to communicate it to you.[/citation]

So by your logic it would be acceptable to read a major broadsheet newspaper like the times or the telegraph riddled with grammatical errors because the journalist is not expected to use correct spelling only report? How about a news reader on the BBC or a journalist in the field reporting live using slang?

Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.