Microsoft Teases New Social Site Called ''Tulalip''

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Microsoft won't design a social network website in the same context as Facebook, because they know they can't compete. That's why Microsoft buy Facebook shares by the bucketload instead, and integrate their things with Facebook.

I'd guess Tulalip was more intended to be an experiment into social search, rather than social networking.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I thought Spaces was a good idea honestly, Kinda like Myspace, which i hardly ever used anyways.

But the "Social Scene" probably needs one just of that, for the fact of a "Social Scene" anyways. Facebook in terms is nice, simple, and "sweet" to say. Probably alot of pages are fairly similar to another, right?
Social Sites are something different aren't they?

Idk, maybe after awhile, the Social Sites will be yesterdays and yesteryears thing to do on the internet social, and instead you'll have your own webpage, that might tend to be its own "Social Site", or something. Maybe, right?

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]digiex[/nom]Why not just buy facebook.[/citation]
Why? Facebook is worth well over $60bn. Why buy a company of a similar value to your own and risk yet more complaints about Microsoft trying to own an entire market when it can develop a new social network for a fraction of the price that will most likely tie in with others reasonably well and provide competition?

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Besides which, Facebook can't keep growing forever. I know some people who have abandoned Facebook completely and gone over to Google+. Social networks could end up causing a second dot-com bubble burst.

I wanted to edit my last message and put this in, unfortunately that particular facility appears to be unavailable, so I apologise for the two consecutive posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.