Microsoft: There WILL Be A Halo Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Well, with the gory/intense/realism trend they have going nowadays (Batman: The Dark Knight, X-Men: Wolverine, 300, etc...) maybe they can make it work or maybe they will go too far. :/

Albyint

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Man, I would love to see a halo movie, but if they get Uvve Boll or w/e his name is Ill send untold amounts of hatemail to microsoft.

doyletdude

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]^ They probably will. I blame Hollywood.[/citation]
Agreed, Hollywood just doesn't understand how to make video game movie adaptations. But... if microsoft ends up paying for the movie themselves, than ultimately THEY would get all the say in how it's made. That would give them a better chance of not making Uwe Bol movie lol!

G

Band of Brothers and Pacific styled TV series....yes please...

jskilnyk

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Only if Christopher Nolan is part of the film will I take a serious look at it. I love the Halo franchise but, I've seen to many games to movies that suck beyond belief.

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]Hopefully they don't screw it up like the did with Doom and countless others.[/citation]

The reason for that is because Hollywood will do whatever to movies based on games to bring in more sales and money, and unfortunately they tend to feel that the original story lines and whatnot will not be good for whatever reason. If they disgruntle the core fans of the games/whatever, they won't care because that base is so small, and if they're appeasing the masses then they'll care even less.

The biggest reason why I feel that Halo might not be a part of that group is simply because of how big it's become. If Hollywood decides to screw everything up, they'll of course upset the core fans, but this base of core fans will be very large in numbers relative to ones past, and because of that a larger portion of the audience. I hope with that being said this movie stays as close to the game as possible.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Personally I feel Halo would work as a film. It has a good storyline for a fps.

tho tbh I would rather have a half life film.........actually a half life game would be better!

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I don't really care if there's a movie or not. The movie 2012 could become a reality for all I care, just as long as Microsoft ports the remaining Halo games to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.