Microsoft to Cut Xbox 360 Price This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Chicago (IL) - Rumors about Microsoft planning to cut the price of its Xbox 360 game console, but now there appears to be sufficient evidence that such a move is imminent: Flyers and internal memos posted on the Internet suggest that the price of the Xbox 360 Pro (Premium) console - Microsoft's volume system - will drop by $50 from $349.

Microsoft to Cut Xbox 360 Price This Weekend : Read more

dragunover

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Heh,I won't buy it still,the online play is crap,because you have to pay for it.Why pay for something you are using all your resources on?

Arrowofdarkness

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Why pay for xbox live? The cost to keep all those servers running at once to create a seamless multiplayer enviornment is enormous. Wii and PSN are basic shells compared to XBL's network, 1 friends list, message from any game, and join their game, use msn/yahoo to chat with friends right from the dashboard. I got my 13 month subscription for only $40 a year, and thats not bad at all ...

Arrowofdarkness

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Why pay for xbox live? The cost to keep all those servers running at once to create a seamless multiplayer enviornment is enormous. Wii and PSN are basic shells compared to XBL's network, 1 friends list, message from any game, and join their game, use msn/yahoo to chat with friends right from the dashboard. I got my 13 month subscription for only $40 a year, and thats not bad at all ...

nukemaster

Distinguished
No different then users paying for WoW and other MMO games. XBL is still cheaper when you factor all the games that it works with.

What sucks is that allot of games are Xbox 360 to Xbox 360. Hell even dreamcast could play with PC.

smlong

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
Anyone who compares the Wii or PS3 online play to the XBox Live is obviously clueless.

I will definitely be considering the purchase of an Xbox360 with the price drop IF the model that has had the price reduced has HDMI.

G

In another article, there was mention of a new 60gb model coming in August. Anyone know if its a new design or just a new hard drive?

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
Actually, this move is kinda expected due to a refresh later on this year so they want to clear out their inventory.

I want to get my hands on the refresh console later on this year so this is good news.

Darkk

jr_captain

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
I won't buy one till there is a Blue-ray drive in it. I want full HD out of my system. Not to mention that the PS3 still throws in wireless for free, so why can't MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.