Microsoft Unveils Sexy Gears of War 3 Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]rottingsheep[/nom]what's with the ads?[/citation]
I guess I'm not alone when I say I could care less about an XBOX with a new paint job but I'm more pissed off that Toms hasn't done anything to prevent spammers. For God sakes, please implement spam controls. Obviously these spammers have reoccuring characters, websites words and obvious typographical errors. C'mon, Toms! Ugh.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]crispyknight78[/nom]Will Xbox have a kinect-capable shooter?[/citation]
Gosh I hope not. Kinect is one of the better motion systems out there but it isn't THAT accurate. Don't think you can make a shooter fun with Kinect without some sort of aim assist. Which ruins multiplayer, and multiplayer is what most shooters are all about.

gurboura

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010
[citation][nom]crispyknight78[/nom]A reskinned console does not a upgrade make. Will Xbox have a kinect-capable shooter?[/citation]
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Gosh I hope not. Kinect is one of the better motion systems out there but it isn't THAT accurate. Don't think you can make a shooter fun with Kinect without some sort of aim assist. Which ruins multiplayer, and multiplayer is what most shooters are all about.[/citation]

Why would anyone want to play an FPS on a console anyway? I curse halo for starting this retarded trend. Let's use a terribly imprecise analog stick in place of a perfectly accurate mouse and make it exclusive. JOY!

/rant

G

[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I guess I'm not alone when I say I could care less about an XBOX with a new paint job but I'm more pissed off that Toms hasn't done anything to prevent spammers. For God sakes, please implement spam controls. Obviously these spammers have reoccuring characters, websites words and obvious typographical errors. C'mon, Toms! Ugh.I don't actually comment on articles anymore because it inevitably means my inbox gets spammed with reply notifications for every spam-bot that spams the article comments.

[/citation]

I don't actually comment on articles anymore because it inevitably means my inbox gets spammed with reply notifications for every spam-bot that spams the article comments.

It'd take no more than 10 minutes to implement a primitive spam filter and Jane once suggested that it was being worked on. For 5 months of work, one would expect a pretty incredible spam filter by now. Alas, I ran out of patience months ago.

If there was a method of deleting my Tomsguide account entirely - I would. I'm rarely even bothered about reading articles here either.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Why would anyone want to play an FPS on a console anyway? I curse halo for starting this retarded trend. Let's use a terribly imprecise analog stick in place of a perfectly accurate mouse and make it exclusive. JOY!/rant[/citation]
Actually, I would blame Golden Eye. A far better game, anyway, and I didn't mind playing it on the 64. Still, if Halo was only released on PC, the world would be a much better place. (And Crysis 2 multiplayer on the PC wouldn't be so barren. -sad face-)
Anyway, why would it be a GoW 2 xbox? Now it;ll feel outdated when GoW 3 comes out. Name it the GoW nothing Xbox, or GoW 3 Xbox.

G

[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Why would anyone want to play an FPS on a console anyway? I curse halo for starting this retarded trend. Let's use a terribly imprecise analog stick in place of a perfectly accurate mouse and make it exclusive. JOY!/rant[/citation]

Uh oh, I hear the fanboy alerts going off! Weeewooo weeewooo!

Saitzev

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010

Actually as another poster said it didn't start with Halo but with Goldeneye 007. As for Halo, if you remember correctly that was a game that was announced a couple years prior to MS snatching up Bungie, and that it was being designed for PC. I remember reading it in my Ultra Game Players oh so back when.

Also Originally developed as a real-time strategy game for the Apple Macintosh platform, Halo: Combat Evolved went through several iterations before arriving at the console first person shooter for which it is recognized. When the developers, Bungie, were bought by Microsoft in 2001, the game was rapidly finished and became an Xbox launch title and platform exclusive

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]I think it looks awful and would not want that thing being a eyesore in my home.[/citation]
Yes this thing is awful.

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
[citation][nom]distanted[/nom]Maybe I should get some spray paint and regift my kids' Wii for them this Christmas.[/citation]
Good idea.

G

For those haters out there! your just mad cause your suck at gears and are compairing a 3rd person shooter with a 1st person shooter. Go play viva pinata, I know thats all you guy are good at!

Status
Not open for further replies.