Microsoft wireless display adapter to VGA projector what converters work?

llarrythelizzard

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
Has anyone had any luck with converting this wireless display adapter to a vga output. I just finished trying this adapter and it doesn't want to work.

http://www.amazon.com/Tomsenn-converter-audio-SPDIF-Outpout/dp/B00NOLN400

Any suggestions on what I'm missing.

Sorry I'm using Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter (MWDA) with the above HDMI to VGA converter.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/p/wireless-dis...

Trying to get MWDA to work so I can use it on a projector for a power point presentation

Thanks for any suggestions.

Solution
I would try it (hdmi to vga adapter) with a cheap / simple dvd / blu player to see if that "portion" works. You really haven't provided much detail as to what the projector is seeing in terms of display information.... is it even detecting the connection, etc. You can do the same test with the mwda device going to a tv to see if you got that portion setup properly (ie. is the device working / "connecting"). OF course, it will probably not work because there is some pretty "heavy connection app" happening to get this "talking". I have one (wmda) and it has difficulties connecting with one samsung dlp tv but another plasma works fine.

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
I would try it (hdmi to vga adapter) with a cheap / simple dvd / blu player to see if that "portion" works. You really haven't provided much detail as to what the projector is seeing in terms of display information.... is it even detecting the connection, etc. You can do the same test with the mwda device going to a tv to see if you got that portion setup properly (ie. is the device working / "connecting"). OF course, it will probably not work because there is some pretty "heavy connection app" happening to get this "talking". I have one (wmda) and it has difficulties connecting with one samsung dlp tv but another plasma works fine.

Solution