Microsoft Word cop-n-paste images from webpage bug

creativegb

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Hello,
When I try to copy and paste a series of images from the same webpage to my Word (.doc) file, then only the 1st image on the said webpage is repeated at all the image-place-holders in the Word document -- not the actual images.

I pasted the said images, one-by-one, from webpage to in Wordpad and then tried copy-n-paste from the Wordpad to Word document; now these images are correctly copied to the Word document file.
Can you FIX this issue, please?

A related problem is: When I open my website in a web-browser, then all the images in a website-folder appear as thumbnail of only one image -- that is to say, the same picture is repeated over and over again.

puttsy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
It probably has to do with the formatting from the web. It is likely NOT a bug but you being mistaken as to what you use certain applications for. I am betting it is a formatting conflict between Microsoft Word and HTML/CSS/Whater the web page is coded in.

I recommend you use Microsoft Publisher. You will not convince ANY of us that you know what you are doing more than them. Microsoft word has it's own formatting code (Someone knowledgeable, please elaborate here) so copying images from the web conflicts with that and causes your problem. When you paste them into wordpad and the copy them again you are essentially remove all baggage formatting that has come with the image.

If you right click and "Save image as..." in your browser, then import the image into Word OR, Copy from the Browser and "Paste Special", you should be able to get it to work...But it is still not the correct way to get it done. You are using the wrong program. Microsoft Word is Word processor, not an image implementation tool, Last minute throw a project together tool, idiots alternative to the right program, etc...It is a darn good Word Processor, use it as such. You are using a hammer to pound in a screw, It will get accomplished...sort of, but it is a heck of a lot less efficient.

creativegb

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011

--**--
Hello
The problem lies somewhere else than what you are trying to suggest:
Not only the Word Application misrepresenting the images copied from the webpages, but the following issue is also faced:-
When I open any folder of my website in a browser (ftp access via browser) then also all the images in that folder bear one and the same thumbnail image instead of showing the actual thumbnail pictures.

But when I open a copy of the same folder that is saved on my desktop, then the thumbnails represent the actual (correct) pictures.
I'm using IE 8.6