Migrating from Blackberry to Android

hanit banga

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013
I recently upgraded my phone from a Blackberry Curve 8520 to a Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082.

There is one feature under blackberry, which was that in the messages section, I could see absolutely everything that my device had received from outside. Basically, all e-mails, SMS, BBM messages, Whats app messages, Phone calls (dialed, received and missed) used to appear under one screen sorted by receive time and date. Therefore, I could easily browse through all incoming and outgoing activity under one interface.

On android, however, I have to go to a different app to check messages, another one for emails, another one for BBM and Whats APP, and yet another one for voice calls.

Is there any way to get such a unified incoming place for Android.

Without this, I'll have no choice but to sell my Grand and revert to using my Curve.

I have a Sony Xperia running Android and I haven't seen anything like that on it (my previous phone was a BB Bold 9900). have a look round the Google Play Store, there may an app that can do that.

I switched to Android because BB are shortly going to pull the plug on it's internet service for all except business users, which would make my BB data plan absolutely useless. Financially BB are going down the pan anyway. You might want to think twice about going back to your old 8520. As far as non-business users are concerned, BB is not a wise choice.

hanit banga

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

I did look around the play store, but found nothing. I do use my phone mainly for business, and I really can't get by without that feature. So if I can't find such an app, I will buy a new BlackBerry as my Curve seems to be on the end of its lifespan.

bippi

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
Connect blackberry to desktopmanger using usb cable then sync data it with computer and then from computer transfer to your new android

I dont think there is any apps for directly transfer between these devices is there is one pl. comment on that

hanit banga

Honorable
Jun 13, 2013

I guess you misread my question. I want an app where I can get a combined view of all my messages, emails, instant messenger messages, calls etc.

I don't need a method to transfer files between my blackberry and my android phone.

Thanks anyway!