minecraft laptop for autistic nephew

masternook

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
1. What is your budget?
$300, any thing over would be pushing it

13. What country do you live in?
usa

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I have been looking for a couple months on other forums and just googling $300 minecraft laptop, but people are doubting that its doable. I could really use some help, and with black friday coming up, im guessing now is my best chance. Like the title says its for autistic child, and the family is not great or knowledgable with computers so cant have something that is gonna have errors or cause problems when he is using it for minecraft.

Solution
Well minecraft isn't a too demanding of a game.

Have a family member with a 4-5 year old laptop with a weak dedicated graphic (Gefore 8200M) that runs minecraft just fine.

As for cpu, any modern CPU above 1.5GHz will also do just fine (as long as it's not Intel Atom cpu which I have no Idea what performance you would need there.)

My recommendation is this laptop from asus.

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231441

As of this moment, it $260 (Normally $350).

Not super fast but minecraft will play just fine on it and it should be able to play other games at medium to low details.

Cant find a better a better laptop for $300 or less.

Hope this helps.

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Well minecraft isn't a too demanding of a game.

Have a family member with a 4-5 year old laptop with a weak dedicated graphic (Gefore 8200M) that runs minecraft just fine.

As for cpu, any modern CPU above 1.5GHz will also do just fine (as long as it's not Intel Atom cpu which I have no Idea what performance you would need there.)

My recommendation is this laptop from asus.

Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231441

As of this moment, it $260 (Normally $350).

Not super fast but minecraft will play just fine on it and it should be able to play other games at medium to low details.

Cant find a better a better laptop for $300 or less.

Hope this helps.

Solution

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009

You could.

Although I cant say that this price will stay for during black Friday (might jump up for all we know) nor can i say say you will find a better laptop for the same price or a further price drop on this laptop.

But that the joy of black Friday deals... Never know what you may find.

In my personal opinion though, I would get it now due to the uncertainty but then again....... I'm also someone that hates waiting when i want something and I know I can get it now for this price.

So I'm probably not the best person when it comes to that type of question but that my take on it all.

So it up to you how you proceed but at least what I can say is, Enjoy your Thanks Giving and any Black Friday shopping you might do!

warmon6

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009

Although, if you do wait for black friday deals, I'll see if I can spot anything better. :)

The better the performing the product is, the longer it will last (in terms of performance and it's usefulness.)