Question Mirror Folders in Google File Stream

Mar 20, 2019
Hi all,

I'm just wrapping my ahead around Google File Stream, having recently migrating from DropBox.

I have 2 computers, with dropbox I had a folder, lets called it SomeFolder stored on both desktops, and I created a symlink in dropbox so that it would constantly update SomeFolder if it got changed. Which meant I had a backup in 3 different places (2 locally and one on the cloud). This worked very well because I never had to do any transferring computer to computer and it would backup to the cloud, happy times.

Now with File Stream, I can't use aliases or symlinks as google doesn't like them. Is there any alternative? I can't use Google's Back Up & Sync app because it does not support TeamDrives (frustrating) also I don't have a limit on the Team Drive.

I was thinking of using Carbon Copy Cloner but you can only back up once per day or hour etc, not on file change.
Was also thinking about ChronoSync but having no joy.

Is there a way of natively copy files over to another one in OSX when one has changed?

Many thanks in advance.

You don't have a real backup with how you are doing things. You are syncing the folders, so you delete a file from the computer, it syncs the new folder to cloud storage, the cloud storage now has the same file missing. One of your files gets corrupted, the folders sync, your online file is now also corrupted.

What you do have is a disaster recovery so when your drive fails, you can get the files back from online.

Mar 20, 2019
Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm not too concerned about the loss of files because I can use an external hard drive to copy them over.

Trying to find an easy way is syncing files between two computers by not pressing a button. Which is what I had set up via drop box.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.