Mistake? Bought a mixer to mix 2 stereo sources into one

HyeVltg3

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Bought the Behringer Xenyx Q502USB and it arrived last night and I was hit with the realization I may have jumped the gun and bought the wrong tool for the job.
What I have is 2 audio sources and 1 Headset(audio+mic), Stereo from PC and TV and all I want is audio from both sources to be mixed together but have individual volume controls, all external, hardware, getting many issues dealing with a sound card.
So my issue so far is that each input is only 1 channel and L is mono, so I've got RCA to 1/4" going from TV to Line 2(White-L) and TV to Line 3(Red-R)
and I have to fiddle with the Ln2/3 balance to get it so its reduces the L, but this isnt really working, L being mono overpowers R on the output. I really need binaural(stereo) audio to locate things and know the direction of sound sources (shooter games and scenes).
Am I just using the wrong device or is there a way I can make this work?

HyeVltg3

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

2 and 4 are both Mono so when I plug anything in, it gets sent to both ears, turning the BAL to R doesnt really fix the problem of getting L-channel in both ears.

HyeVltg3

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

I'm currently using 2 of these: https://www.storedj.com.au/documents/zoom/HOS-TRS203_1.jpg
Line 2/3:
First cable: White RCA is plugged into TV's White RCA then 1/4" is plugged into L marked (10) 1/4" from the PDF
Second cable: Red RCA is plugged into TV's Red RCA then 1/4" is plugged into R marked (10) 1/4" from the PDF

should I instead be using this? http://smhttp.41820.nexcesscdn.net/8016262/magento/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/h/o/hos-cpr204_1_1_1.jpg
the 1/4" are both TS unlike the TRS ones I am using now.

HyeVltg3

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Dam, thought so, sadly I wont be able to change things till Monday (all shops are closed now and Sunday's New Years)
Now I just need to wonder why the 2 1/4" to 2 RCA cable cost more than the 1 1/4" to 2 RCA...

HyeVltg3

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

The cable arrived yesterday, its perfect, getting the proper levels of L/R signals in each ear, I can hear things on my left, only in the L ear, and same for R channel audio. guess the mixer requires TS 1/4" connections not TRS. I had guessed this earlier and already ordered a 3.5mm to 2 1/4" TS china(arrives in 21-45 days) so I can get sound from the PC and go USB-less, I just have so many USBs connected that one or some of them generate static noise I can hear if I record any USB device (setting Listen on the Line-In from the Mixer's USB, I hear static when silent) Just really wanted an external Hub to connect audio to, because I have multiple sources and before, had them all connected to the PC's soundcard, so if I rebooted or turned off the PC, I'd get no sound from any other source in my room unless I manually moved the speaker/headphone plugs to the new source.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Audio 2
K Audio 2
filthyspoons Audio 1
aiden_crawford Audio 1
PierreGird Audio 1
K Audio 2
R Audio 3
D Audio 1
StanicEnemy Audio 2
N Audio 3
P Audio 1