Solved! Mitsubishi ws-65809

Solution
You can still run the codes on the set. It will give you these after the set shuts down. I would recommend calling for service. Giving them the code will give your servicer a head-start. You also would want to have your signal board checked for fluid leaks from the CRT.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Hold down the Menu and Input keys until it gives you a flashing two-digit code. That should direct your servicer in right direction.

If you're comfortable going into the set (unplugged of course), and know how to use a meter, check pico fuses F5A04 and F5A05 on the Power board (center one). If either of those are tripped, you have a convergence issue. You would either need the solder checked on the chips, or the chips replaced.

ladybell86

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011

Thanks for your response however, the t.v. turns off seconds after I try to turn it on. I am unable to hold down the menu button etc.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
You can still run the codes on the set. It will give you these after the set shuts down. I would recommend calling for service. Giving them the code will give your servicer a head-start. You also would want to have your signal board checked for fluid leaks from the CRT.

Solution