Mixamps, Soundcards, and Headphones

_Blake_

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
My siblings are now on my xbox all the time now that I use my computer to game and therfore, they are using my old X11s so now it is time for me to get a new headset.
After some searching I see that I need a sound card for surround sound (5.1/7.1) and that I might need a mix amp. All before I have even gotten very far into actually finding a headset.

In a headset I need a mic and would like 5.1 surround if possible. Also I like my headphones with a little bit of squeeze. would like to spend 100 ish, and obviously lower is better than higher.

So in conclusion:
-Do I need a soundcard?
-Do I need a mixamp?
-Any recomendations on a pair of headphones?

Looked at these Logitech

Solution
The Corsair Vengeance 1500 solves all of your problems I think. It has everything contained in a near little package with its own software, ProLogicII virtual surround, and a mic. It would save you buying a soundcard, an amp, and all that stuff. They are reviewed very well, and are often on sale below 100$.

revolution2718

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
The Corsair Vengeance 1500 solves all of your problems I think. It has everything contained in a near little package with its own software, ProLogicII virtual surround, and a mic. It would save you buying a soundcard, an amp, and all that stuff. They are reviewed very well, and are often on sale below 100$.

Solution

_Blake_

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013

These look great. Thanks for your time