Mixer and Shotgun mic

Soumil

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Hello people
I was looking for a decent to good Mixer with 2-3 Inputs and a shotgun mic..

Mixer be around $70-80 and the mic be like $50.

I did look into some Behringer mixers, any help would be great.

Thanks

Solution
What are your intentions for this equipment?

There are so many variable it's difficult to recommend any one specific item, but you should stay away from Behringer if possible. If you're looking at value brands, consider Mackie, Pyle, Peavy and Alesis. Don't rule out mini mixers such as this: http://amzn.com/B00102XUX6 These little guys often can accomplish the same result as their bigger siblings.

The only thing I'll suggest is looking at USED gear. Your money could go so much further if you'd consider used equipment, especially the microphone. There's eBay and then Craigslist which is a great local source for all things used. You can also test out the item before you purchase it from the current owner.

jFiveNYC

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
What are your intentions for this equipment?

There are so many variable it's difficult to recommend any one specific item, but you should stay away from Behringer if possible. If you're looking at value brands, consider Mackie, Pyle, Peavy and Alesis. Don't rule out mini mixers such as this: http://amzn.com/B00102XUX6 These little guys often can accomplish the same result as their bigger siblings.

The only thing I'll suggest is looking at USED gear. Your money could go so much further if you'd consider used equipment, especially the microphone. There's eBay and then Craigslist which is a great local source for all things used. You can also test out the item before you purchase it from the current owner.

Solution

Soumil

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014

Thanks for replying
The problem is that i live in India. The gear worth $80 would cost around $150
Almost double!
I don't have any problem with used gear.
I am going to pursue Film and Editing, so the purpose of the gear would be using the mic and MIDI, that too separately.
I am going to use this equipment for a maximum of 10 months before i shift to California.
Moreover a condenser mic would be needed.
What could i use to record audio in loseless format using my Shotgun mic (whichever i buy), i heard that DSLR inputs may generate some loss in audio quality..