Question Mixer Buzzing from left channel only

Jan 2, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am hoping someone can help me with this issue.
I have a Behringer VMX-1000 mixer (analog) which has a loud buzz coming from the left channel only.

I have no inputs going into the mixer. I only have XLR out to two powered JBL EON speakers. When I disconnect the XLRs... the speakers are silent. When I connect them again and flip them, the buzzing disappears from the left speaker but is heard in the right speaker now and the right speaker buzzes now, since it is plugged into the left channel. I tried connecting this through unbalanced as well and have the same result.

Also buzzing gets louder when volume turned up.

Additionally I have all devices plugged into a Monster HTS 2000 MkII which has clean power.
Any thoughts as to what it could be and how to fix it?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020
You can try using a 3-2 prong AC adapter so the mixer ground can't cause a ground loop to the speakers.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-A...ing-Plug-Adapter-Gray-2-Pack-543002/203728202
Hello AmericanAudiophile,

Thank you for your response, but unfortunately I already tried that and no change. Is there something else? I'm thinking it could be something internal in the mixer. I guess what I'm trying to figure out is what could cause it other than the "normal" issues.