Solved! Mixing sound system and subwoofers?

Nov 9, 2018
Hi all,

I recently bought a second-hand Logitech Z5500 system which did not include the subwoofer. (I thought it would be easier to get a replacement speaker. It's not.)

Would I be able to use another Logitech subwoofer with the rest of the system? (it's made up of 4 satellites, a centre channel and a control centre)

For example, would I be able to use the subwoofer from this with my current setup?

If not, what sort of subwoofer would I be able to use with the system? (if I can)

Thanks

Solution
The sub in the Z5500 seems to have the amps for all the speakers in it not just the sub. You can't use a generic self powered sub because of that. If Logitech has a sub with the same connectors you may be able to use that but I don't know if they do or whether you could actually get one. The amps are often the part that breaks in these systems.
The sub in the Z5500 seems to have the amps for all the speakers in it not just the sub. You can't use a generic self powered sub because of that. If Logitech has a sub with the same connectors you may be able to use that but I don't know if they do or whether you could actually get one. The amps are often the part that breaks in these systems.

Solution