MMS not working on new Moto Z2 Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2018
A few days ago, I bought a Moto Z2 Play. When it came, I popped the sim out of my moto g3 and put it into the new phone. It's been working smoothly and calls and texts function normally. However, I'm having a problem with MMS. I was a part of a few group chats on my old phone with Iphone users. Now, whenever any of them writes something in the group chat, it comes as a normal sms message to me from only them with a message that reads "message ready to download." If I press it, it starts a circle like it's loading or downloading, but just spins infinitely. I've already called T-Mobile (my carrier) and Motorola and neither could offer a solution. Auto download MMS is turned on and I've corrected all my settings for solutions online, but nothing works.

Below is a picture of my problem, the first 2 bubbles being what originally shows up and the second after I press.
why-isn-t-this-working_orig.jpg

Jun 19, 2018
I'm having the same issue. It started last Monday, June 11. T-Mobile walked me through all the APN settings. There is a quick work around to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.