Modern Warfare 2 for PC Locked Until Tomorrow

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon72

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I play PC versions of games instead of the console version cause there are so many mods out and you can extend the life of the game by many years. Now that activision has killed that, there really is no need to continue playing any games on any platforms. choice is why I live in america, and activision gave me a choice and I choose not to buy!

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]chunkymonster[/nom]Nope, you can buy first gen night vision goggles (which is what comes with the MW2 package) for about $100USD from just about any online military surplus retailer. Heck you can buy a first gen Russian military surplus night vision scope with IR illuminator for $380![/citation]

Yup, Thinkgeek has them for $89USD and if you replace the LEDs on a flashlight with IR LEDs then you can have some real fun.

reichscythe

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Legitimate purchasers forced to wait to play a game they laid down legal tender to obtain... Meanwhile, pirates already completed the entire single-player campaign a week ago -- for free -- and are on to the next conquest...

"The system is down"...

MaDMagik

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
[citation][nom]DN_[/nom]WHO CARES...GET A LIFE...[/citation]
I think you should heed your own advice.

And yeah, I was talking about prices in the UK where all supermarkets announced they will be selling the game for between £26-32, as opposed to £55 RRP. It was all a big scam IMO, first thing to be announced was the fact that its going to be a most expensive game so far, so people rushed and pre-ordered it at £43, now that pre-orders were shipped supermarkets announce their ultra-low prices. Seems a bit dodgy to me.

scuba_steve_va

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
You know what's locked? My wallet...locked to Activision/IW. I am a dedicated PC gamer who hates consoles and won't buy a glorified PC-based console game with mouse support.

Never thought that I would abandon the CoD franchise, but i also didn't think they would abandon me. They got my 50 beans for CoD, then CoD:UO, then COD2, then CoD:MW, and then CoD:WaW. That's $250 spent on one franchise alone...and now I don't matter? Cya.

Dice will get my money when Bad Company 2 hits the streets.

G

No reason to buy it on PC, when I can rent it for Xbox 360. Sure I have to use a controller instead of my G5, but then I am not wasting $60 to play a 6 hr single player campaign (which I know will be awesome and all, but cmon 6 hrs!), then some terrible console style MP.

I will save that $60 for something else, hopefully Crysis 2!

sslazio77

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
[citation][nom]liquidblue[/nom]No Dedicated Serer Support - CheckNo Developer Console - CheckExtended Release Date - CheckCanceling Pre-Order - In Process[/citation]

don't forget No Lean!

sslazio77

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
[citation][nom]XZaapryca[/nom]MW2=Corvette with four cylinder motor, CVT transmission, no stereo, and fart-pipe exhaust.[/citation]

Vouch

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
I love the fact that somehow this dosent get them sued. What if someone just picked it up on impulse in the store and after all installs finds out they cant play till another day. Meh After all the shenanigans with steam Ill just Torrent games they offer. Its BS they can sell you a game then lock the game. My understanding is with steam if your account gets broken you cant get games back. Not sure if thats true but I trust them about as much as I trust The Mac dude on the comercial.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]kyeana[/nom]There i fixed the title for you![/citation]

lol exactly what I was thinking Kyeana. I'm interested to see how it sells for PC gamers, given that they took out all the features we PC gamers find desirable.

Although, I'm sure Activision/Infinity Ward will blame piracy.

bryce55

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]adillhoff[/nom]Is anyone actually buying on the PC? They've completely killed any functionality whatsoever on the PC version.[/citation]
I am totally not buying any version of this bullshit, they have forsaken my traditions so they can go fuck their-selves im not even going to give them the satisfaction of pirating this bs.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
They will now learn how to respect customers and threat them as such instead of "we want you to enjoy how we designed and balanced it" bullsh!t.

nekko

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2009
to all the pc gamers out there.. I play pc games and xbox live... dedicated servers are what made cod4 on pc... but thats it, I'd much rather just jump in and play with my buds on xbox live.
Yes pc's are more powerful, but not if you have a bump pc (IF you have the $$$$ to spend on a very good pc then great)but most poeple don't. Xbox live is alot easier to "get around" and you don't have to worry about your pc lagging with console gaming.. or crashing, ETC ETC ETC.
Yes I love pc gaming, but I do not trash console gamers because they are mainly the same thing... there playing the same game!
Oh and modding is gay... except for zombie mods on pc. But thats not what the game was intended for. I mean aim bots and all that sh** COME ON horrible!!!
And if you do not like the no dedicated server thing... get over it... its a great game have played it!
And bad company 2 will be as crappy as the first...
CoD franchise FTW for war games... THE END
So stop bit**ing about dedicated servers... Not everyone is going to be happy and thats it... No jugger, no private chat, no dedicated servers, what else can everyone complain about!!

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
More I hear about this game, and more I am laughing at anyone wanting to actually buying it. I have never see such a farce in all the video game industry. These guys are literally spitting on the PC users.

Well everyone, get a cracked copy because the multiplayer mode will be horrible.

liquidblue

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Well, Pre-order has been refunded. Once they pull their head out of their ass I 'might' think about purchasing this game. Until then, pirate on my friends. Yarr!!

Status
Not open for further replies.