Modern Warfare 2 for PC Locked Until Tomorrow

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Y'all need to stop ganging up on IW. I'll betcha anything it's Activision pulling the strings right now, not IW.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]quickbeam1213[/nom]Y'all need to stop ganging up on IW. I'll betcha anything it's Activision pulling the strings right now, not IW.[/citation]

I see your point, but that's like not prosecuting a low level criminal because his boss is the one that's really at fault.

efeat

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]h83r[/nom]I urge everyone to show their disapproval and just torrent this game.[/citation]

Noooooo...don't do that!

Torrenting the game will just show IW that people still wanted to play MW2, but were willing to steal it rather than pay the retail price for it. It will also give them a viable reason to exit the PC gaming market, if/when they decide to.

If you really want to send a message to IW and Activision, just ignore MW2. Don't buy the game, don't torrent it, don't play it at a friend's house, don't even look at it, think about it, or talk about it. Just ignore it until IW realizes that nobody is playing it on the PC because no PC gamer wants to play a hacked together console port that completely ignores the very features that make the PC what it is.

kamar6

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2009
I urge everyone to show their disapproval and just torrent this game.

I urge people not to buy this game NOR pirate this game. If this becomes one of the most pirated games ever IW/Activision can say "Look how popular this game was. We should keep dumbing down the game and use the saved money on more anti-piracy hoops." Pirating the game will not send the message of disapproval. You cannot convince anyone that you really would have purchased the game you pirated only if "..." That excuse just doesn't fly. Don't buy the game, don't pirate the game, don't play the game.......not even the demo's at gamestop or wallmart. Do not let them think they put out a halfway decent product because of how many people are playing it, pirated or not.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]nekko[/nom]to all the pc gamers out there.. I play pc games and xbox live... dedicated servers are what made cod4 on pc... but thats it, I'd much rather just jump in and play with my buds on xbox live.Yes pc's are more powerful, but not if you have a bump pc (IF you have the $$$$ to spend on a very good pc then great)but most poeple don't. Xbox live is alot easier to "get around" and you don't have to worry about your pc lagging with console gaming.. or crashing, ETC ETC ETC.Yes I love pc gaming, but I do not trash console gamers because they are mainly the same thing... there playing the same game!Oh and modding is gay... except for zombie mods on pc. But thats not what the game was intended for. I mean aim bots and all that sh** COME ON horrible!!!And if you do not like the no dedicated server thing... get over it... its a great game have played it!And bad company 2 will be as crappy as the first...CoD franchise FTW for war games... THE ENDSo stop bit**ing about dedicated servers... Not everyone is going to be happy and thats it... No jugger, no private chat, no dedicated servers, what else can everyone complain about!![/citation]

Instant Action. It is an option. Does the exact same thing matchmaking does, only with dedicated servers. Damn near every online FPS has it. So did CoD4.

Why are you griping about aimbots? Don't you realize that every console FPS has them built into it? I am going to say no since you didn't even realize there was an Instant Action option.

Consoles are suject to the same lag as PCs. Network lag is inevitable, you are affected by your connection and everyone elses connection when on the same host. You my friend are in denial.

MW was not a hardware intensive system, I could run it on a latitide 630c with comparable graphics to consoles. If your PC cannot run MW well, you have no business voicing opinions on game performance. No gamer should have a system that struggles with that game when you can build one that will run the game smoothly for under $300.

$30 3 Ghz processor
$45 Motherboard
$40 2 GB DDR2
$50 Power Supply
$80 Video Card (8800GT or 9800GT)

This will run MW 1680X1050 maxed out textures and setting. My father in-law built it from clearance items.

I have been modding since Doom and over the years I have learned one thing. People that want to mod but can't, and don't adapt well to change are the first people to call modding gay. Do you like games by Epic? Gears of War? The Unreal Series. Over 35% of their staff started out as modders that were hired on.

CoD was on the brink of war games before MW. How many WWII titles can one company make before people get burned out. They saw this and delved into modern combat territory which others have done before. It is not like IW has done anything original. The AC-130 level, not original, already been done in the Battlefield franchise. I do not have high hopes for MW2, this genre is going to be dragged to death by IW as they slowly pull all of the good bits out one by one. They have already started, no leaning, no console access, no decent server support.

You are going to wish for dedicates servers when ragers get online and do nothing but TK, nade spam, and mic spam. It is not like YOU can have them banned.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
Brink of massive customer loss from dragging out WWII...

Tom's must be getting paid by IW. How many times have we asked for edit functions and been ignored.

mattw0308

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
gimme a big WOOT for all the Battlefield fans out there! I couldn't agree more with efeat and kamar6: Do NOT pirate this game - it only supports Activision/IW's beliefs. IGNORE THIS GIMPED PIECE OF JUNK OF A GAME! All of the X360 and PS3 fanboys rip on the PC gamers for whining about it so we should all take their advice and speak with our wallets. A call to arms for ALL PC gamers: make your desires known by supporting the devs who care about us (DICE) and buying a kick-ass game instead: Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]mattw0308[/nom]gimme a big WOOT for all the Battlefield fans out there! I couldn't agree more with efeat and kamar6: Do NOT pirate this game - it only supports Activision/IW's beliefs. IGNORE THIS GIMPED PIECE OF JUNK OF A GAME! All of the X360 and PS3 fanboys rip on the PC gamers for whining about it so we should all take their advice and speak with our wallets. A call to arms for ALL PC gamers: make your desires known by supporting the devs who care about us (DICE) and buying a kick-ass game instead: Battlefield: Bad Company 2.[/citation]
Me got a better idea: Pirate the 360 MW2! There are many people with modded 360s....

surfer1337dude

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
I love how the users are just giving other users that dis agree and not being asses a negative post score....

But this is only fair, I wish they would have done it with the consols too....why should people be allowed too play the game before the actual release date? You could still play single player though, no way too stop that... So whats the diff? so you cant get online and get an unfair advantage...thats the whole point that IW/Activision has been trying to make to the PC users. In the past games that have ranking and stats end up being unfair through people using mods/exploits/cheats, so they have simply taken all of that out so that it is as fair as possible...If you dont like it then stop bitching about it and just not buy the game ever...simple

O ps: I know this will be like negative 50 or more and wont even show up too most people after but you can all just go grow up :)

BlackStar_03

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
well im playing cod 6 now singelplayer and its good no multiplayer yet steam tell that is unavailable but singelplayer is making it awesome

BlackStar_03

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
well thats not true im playing the singel player now and i think its good without playing multi and spec ops btw multiplayer is unavalble but singel player is available!!!!!! mw2!!! graphically the game didnt change much butits good

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
And as usual, they'd blame low PC sales to piracy. Though in this case there surely is a big chunk of people that didn't buy it and didn't pirate it. Though surely no one at Activision or IW would want to know how many those people are.

G

This can be bypassed by setting the language for the game to be installed in to French, then back to english.

enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.