Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Map Pack Also $15

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flea420

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]I like it MW2 and I will buy the map pack for $15. They are all new to me since I didn't have the PS2 back then. Sorry you kids have to ask mommy or dady for $15 for this. That is why you are complaining. Prices are going to up in the future. Enjoy this why you can!!![/citation]

Kids? I can see you are not old enough to remember when a full blown expansion pack was $20. So, who's the kid?
$15 for 3 new maps is BS

G

[citation][nom]tclo9[/nom]This game rocks....the best out there. Big deal if they charge for some new maps...bring them on. I will gladly buy them. I loved Vacant and Strike and am glad they are bringing them back.[/citation]

I agree. Best shooter out there. Who cares if it costs 15.00 for some new maps. It is worth it.

G

User generated content usually sucks.

You're all complaining bitterly about $5 dollars.

Dedicated servers are seriously annoying (largely due to the self-important, rule-obsessed idiots who run them i.e. "No running!" "Crouch only!" "No Hip-fire!" "No noob-tube!" "Snipers only!" and the list goes on).

Discuss.

I just want to play the damn game. What else are you going to do with that $5? Go to mcdonalds?

jgiron

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
I remember when games added new content in patches, online was free, map packs game once every few months. The only money you paid was to buy the game, nothing else.
Is it really over?

I remember that after you purchased the original game they came out with additional content you could buy. Like the 1st Rogue Spear and it's add-ons, Ice Wind Date and then Hear of Winter. So this is nothing new. Also, if you want to go old school DOOM also had a map pack you could buy, but I think that came with more than 5 maps and it was $10.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]Gulli[/nom] they want to milk the cow to death.[/citation]

you guys realize you are the cow, perhaps time to kick the man to the curb?

blackbyron

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
[citation][nom]wdw47[/nom]I agree. Best shooter out there. Who cares if it costs 15.00 for some new maps. It is worth it.[/citation]
Compare to BF2 it only costs $10. So alot of people care.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
There have been some good map packs in the past, especially for games like UT and UT2004 - CBP, anyone?

And you didn't pay for any of those.

georgieboy79

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Yeah I'm done with it. I stupidly bought the last DLC as I didn't play CoD4 online so never had those maps but this is beyond a joke.
No new weapons, spec ops, abilities - nothing at all?

Just bought BFBC2. So much better.

I mean compare the DLC for Borderlands with this crap. Shocking.

I won't be going back to this game anytime soon.

h83r

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Well let's see, the only maps I would WANT to play on here are the 4 old maps they've released. But wait, I already OWN them because I have MW1. So tell me why am I supposed to pay for them again?

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]edilee[/nom]I forgot to mention....hardly any hackers on the Stimulus maps! Hey Tom's where did the edit options go in the forums?[/citation]

It's been removed or disappeared for weeks.

DM0407

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2007
Well let's see, the only maps I would WANT to play on here are the 4 old maps they've released. But wait, I already OWN them because I have MW1. So tell me why am I supposed to pay for them again?

So you can get knifed from 15ft away 17 times a match.

shiroikaze

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Richard Long[/nom]User generated content usually sucks.You're all complaining bitterly about $5 dollars.Dedicated servers are seriously annoying (largely due to the self-important, rule-obsessed idiots who run them i.e. "No running!" "Crouch only!" "No Hip-fire!" "No noob-tube!" "Snipers only!" and the list goes on).Discuss.I just want to play the damn game. What else are you going to do with that $5? Go to mcdonalds?[/citation]
How about donating it or saving it? Surely, you can do something with that $5 turning into a $10, $15, or $20?

Anyway, when it comes to user-generated content, I wouldn't say "usually". If you played any of the Valve games--particularly Team Fortress 2--there are some really ingenious stuff out there. Not just only maps, but actual new game modes created by the userbase community and Valve recognizes them for it. Yes, they're actually fun too.

As for dedicated servers, yes, you do get servers like what you described. However, they don't outnumber the "regular" servers (and certainly not as exaggerated). The best remedy is to find a server(s) you personally like and stick with it/them.

There's nothing wrong with just wanting to play the damn game your own way. It's just that when you're playing online on any game, you're gonna have to bend back for others at some point.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
haha..... 60 dollars for the game, 15 for each "map pack". 90 dollars if you want to play the "full" game for multiplayer. They know they are going down the toilet and quick, they really are milking this cow dry and then killing it as quickly as possible.

lasaldude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2009
So glad I stopped playing this game. Fuck you, you fucking greedy cocksuckers. I hope you all go bankrupted from countless lawsuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.