Monitor Display troubles on HP 2000 laptop

stormie19

Estimable
Jan 11, 2015
My mom dropped her laptop about a foot and a half and has been having issues with the display ever since. The screen stays black, but then randomly it'll work again. While commuting to work, someone bumped into her and it stopped working again, and then again, it randomly started working again. Now. she closed the laptop and it's not working again, but it works from an external monitor. I set the laptop to duplicate display and that's when I noticed that the picture is there, but nearly impossible to see unless you use a flashlight. Where do I go from here?

Solution
One of two things happened - one is a damaged circuit board (probably the backlight) or the second is a connector isn't seated properly. The connector can be fixed by reseating it, but if you have a damaged part, it will need to be replaced.

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
One of two things happened - one is a damaged circuit board (probably the backlight) or the second is a connector isn't seated properly. The connector can be fixed by reseating it, but if you have a damaged part, it will need to be replaced.

Solution