Most apps I own (specially google apps) don't work.

RiethAndal

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
Hi, I own an HTC desire 628. It's working fine until I visited a different country.
It started to show a lot of lag, and most apps started to not work. They will not launch and will not respond. Google apps also do not work, (all of them) YouTube does launch but only loads forever.

Things I've tried:
-Cleared Data and Cache of Google Play Services, Google Playstore, YouTube, Google.
-Restarted my phone
-Turning "Automatic Date and Time" on
-Tried different internet connections in different places.
-Ran a malware scan

So help me please
Thanks
-rieth

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Are you still in the other country or have you returned back home?

This can happen if region\time zone is not set properly for the zone you are actually in. A lot of apps depend on references to correct time.

I would check time zone, region and on top of that just to be save, run malwarebytes, adware removal tool and anti virus scans.

RiethAndal

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016

Hi there, Thank you for your very quick response. But no I'm still in this country, and my other devices are actually on the time at home and they work! So I tried setting the same time on my phone but no luck.

I actually already ran malwarbytes, (sorry forgot to write that) and it didn't find any threat.

Thanks again

androbourne

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Still. As I suggested a lot of apps use time zones. Set your time zone according to the new location you are at and reboot the PC.

Also run adware remove tool and anti virus as well.

RiethAndal

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016

I'm using an android phone. And my time zone is set to the correct zone

RiethAndal

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016

Sorry for the late reply. I just tried out removing the sim card from my phone. But it didn't work, nothing changed.