Motherboard componet burned

alfredovazquez4545

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017
My laptop motherboard has a burn component but I dont know where to get. Or if it can be fix it. I Think if something related to to power because my laptop doesnt start up. I have somr pictures of it. If somebody can help me find a solution. My laptop is old so I dont know if Im gonna be a able to find the parts.

Laptop is a Hp G61-336 NR notebook

Solution
Usually once you smell the burning, it's too late. If indeed it is a motherboard part, you also need the right equipment and skill to replace the bad part, if you can find a suitable replacement (not an easy task.) You could take it in for repairs, but it might cost you more than a newer replacement laptop, depending on exactly what it is... plus most places charge for a diagnostic session (some will refund it if you go with them for the repairs though.)

Best bet is as Saga Lout stated: retrieve the hard drive to save and recover any data on it you wish to keep, especially if it's financial or personally identifiable. The RAM, maybe salvageable for resale, or might not be. The same with the screen or any other parts, so Recycle or, if...
If you smelt burning, disconnect it from the electric socket and don't try to turn it on again. You could either take it to a professional for an opinion or you could unscrew the base and remove the hard disk where all your personal files are stored.

At least you could rescue them for use in a new laptop.

shrapnel_indie

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Usually once you smell the burning, it's too late. If indeed it is a motherboard part, you also need the right equipment and skill to replace the bad part, if you can find a suitable replacement (not an easy task.) You could take it in for repairs, but it might cost you more than a newer replacement laptop, depending on exactly what it is... plus most places charge for a diagnostic session (some will refund it if you go with them for the repairs though.)

Best bet is as Saga Lout stated: retrieve the hard drive to save and recover any data on it you wish to keep, especially if it's financial or personally identifiable. The RAM, maybe salvageable for resale, or might not be. The same with the screen or any other parts, so Recycle or, if you're careful and know what you're doing, you might be able to part it out.

Solution