Moto: 4G Support Makes $800 Xoom Price Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVILNOD

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
completely useless.. its like having ferrari but driving 40mph on local road.
not matter how fast the tablet is as long as cell phone company keep offer crappy connection its waste of $$$.

dmytty

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
The IPAD has picked off people willing to pay $500 plus, and Apple will continue to dominate that crowd.

The sweet spot is $300 for a patio and living room web browsing machine. Speaking as a developer, I think developers will wait until some form factors/screen sizes dominate and then develop for that mass market. Mass market pricing = devices 30-40% cheaper than apple.

As to 4G...how are you supposed to carry this around? For me, the tablet will stay on the coffee table or the patio table (see I want an Outdoor screen).

When I leave home it's to do offline things...then again beautiful Colorado mountains are just outside the door so maybe I'm not living so 'Net-Centric.

G

600$ is a good price for wat it has , i mean a 32 gb ipad cost the same and it has less than this , but 800$ is too much it shoulded been 699$

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
If this thing's sold here there is NO 4G so the price is NOT worth it.

Even their WiFi only version looks equally as intimidating in price

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
So is 50Mb/s real world throughput when surfing TwittyFaces and MyBooks ? I doubt it .. therefor~ no it is NOT worth a $200 price hike. It's a cool device though .. now.. if we can get some professional sound apps on this thing it will prevent me from even thinking about an iPAd

RacerX0_3

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Soooo.... Moto thinks we are stupid. $200 for free 4G upgrade is still $200. Plus will the provider increase fees for access to their 4G networks? There is some serious cash being spent here just for these products and to maintain them. For the amount of money consumers spend every year fornthesenproducts and services I think that they should treat us better than as idiots. Then again we do buy into their BS and still fork over the money like cows. Well, not me. Maybe free has a different meaning these days. No thank you. I'll vote with my wallet on this one and keep my money. Now that is free!

ProDigit10

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Do you think 3G (with a free upgrade to 4G!) is worth $200?
Most certainly 3G is worth much more than $200, but the day I pay $200 for a pad like this is not far away.

For the mean time I think it far from justifies the price. I can buy a Corei5 desktop computer from it.

joe nate

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
Do you think 3G (with a free upgrade to 4G!) is worth $200?

Because you can buy phones w/o contracts that are 3g for $50 and that's a whole phone, not just a 3g compatible radio. Or even 4g modems for $50. The cost of too much greed in a free market economy is no one will buy your product... unless you're apple, then your fans will buy whatever you choose to sell.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
why is it that $550 for a 16gb wifi ipad is ok but $600 for a dual core processor, 4x the ram and twice the storage, usb and sd card and 2 cameras not worth it?

you guys need to give your head a shake and lose the the apple brainwashing

jcastillo1830

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
I just came from Big Blue and got my pre sale. The paper with my Xoom Information said "valid from Feb 17th to February 23rd." That sounds pretty much like they are saying that it's scheduled to be released on the 24th.

Wifi is priced at $600.

The 3G version looks like it is priced at 1200, but with a 2 YR VZ contract it is $800.

elemento911

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
I agree with @waylander. In looking at the specs of all the other tablets on http://www.tabletpccomparison.com I'm really sold on the Xoom (sounds like they're available this weekend too). It may be a bit heavier than the rest and slightly pricier but I think it's worth it. Motorola makes good products and judging by the specs is sounds like its going to rock.

dtm4trix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]dfykjsyrkjsyk[/nom]http://www.tkkshow.com Sell:Ed/ tshirt$13,jean$30,handbag$35,jordan shoes$32,coach lv handbag$35,coogi/burberry jean$30 Free shipping!our price:bikini $25coach chanel gucci LV handbags $32coogi DG edhardy gucci t-shirts $15CA edhardy vests.paul smith shoes $35jordan dunk af1 max gucci shoes $33EDhardy gucci ny New Era cap $15coach okely CHANEL DG Sunglass $16(air max, shox tn, rift, puma, dunk sb,) nike jordan shoes 1-24 $32edhardy(shoes, tshirts, jeans, caps, watche, handbag) $25AF(jeans, coat, hoody, sweater, tshirts)Abercrombie & Fitch $31dtjsr dtrjdsrtjdstr[/citation]

anyway to filter out this kind of spam crap? I don't come on this site to check this shit out.

Ok as for the Xoom, 800 bones is still too high. How long till Verizon's LTE 4g is out? Even if it is relatively quickly its still in limited markets and by the time it's available in a lot more places there will be new technology that will blow this thing out of the water. Besides it is too big like another poster said. So it would just stay on the coffee table. So thanks but no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.