KillerGamer

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I am looking for a low-end Android smartphone, and I feel the Moto E is the best in its category. However, one thing which I'm confused about is whether or not it'll get Android L. I know that the G and X are confirmed to be getting Android L. An obvious suggestion would be to get the Moto G, but in my country, the price gap is large so that can't be done. So, will the Moto E get Android L? I am pretty sure that if it does, it won't get another update, but that's fine. Thanks in advance!

Arjunsinh Jadeja

Estimable
May 26, 2014
Hi, even before Android L was announced Motorola had a promised at least one Major update for the device. Technically speaking it came out of the box with Android KitKat so the next major update is surely going to be Android L. You can be sure about this. Although you might need to wait a little as Moto G & X are ahead of you in the line.

KillerGamer

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

Arjunish, the thing is that they said websites say that it isn't likely that the E will get it. Also, a YouTuber had a chance to interview a Moto exec who said that they don't 'guarantee' an update, and the one which they promised was 4.4.4. However, if Android L isn't that processor intensive, the E has to get it. After all, the G and the E have the same amount of RAM!