Motorola Blocks Unofficial Froyo ROM for DROID X

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

And if you read some android forums, you can see just how well Motorola blocked this unofficial Froyo.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Too late Motorola. Once it's leaked you can't stop it. No sense even wasting your lawyers time trying to. They couldn't possibly send out enough emails or letters.

G

*@#& Motorola, I was tempted by a couple of their upcoming phones as I'm almost due an upgrade from my current Hero, but their attitude is almost as bad as Apples!

It's an open source, community developed OS and apps. Sure they've bolted on some of their own stuff (some of which doesn't compare to community software) and yet they're constantly trying to block people upgrading the OS on the phone, which is released WAY in advance by the community!

Think I'll stick with HTC and their more community friendly attitude!

vcbb10

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
[citation][nom]BulkZerker[/nom]Droid 2 not droid, or Droid X[/citation]
I just had to like your simultaneous correction, lol.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]BulkZerker[/nom]Droid 2 not droid, or Droid X[/citation]
[citation][nom]BulkZerker[/nom]Curse you, ninja'd[/citation]
[citation][nom]vcbb10[/nom]I just had to like your simultaneous correction, lol.[/citation]

I think I found the droid you guys were looking for!

/fixed. :)

partofthepuzzle

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
The image isn't a Droid X...

IAC, I don't really see why Motorola would want to alienate the Android hacker community. These are the users that are the most dedicated and the modifications that they provide are often not forthcoming from the phone vendors and they serve to keep the users on the platform! Enthusiasts with modified ROMS are walking advertisements for Motorola, HTC, etc. al. These manufacturers are much too paranoid about this whole issue.

partofthepuzzle

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
The image isn't a Droid X...

IAC, I don't really see why Motorola would want to alienate the Android hacker community. These are the users that are the most dedicated and the modifications that they provide are often not forthcoming from the phone vendors and they serve to keep the users on the platform! Enthusiasts with modified ROMS are walking advertisements for Motorola, HTC, etc. al. These manufacturers are much too paranoid about this whole issue.

G

That was a pretty laid back email. All they did was say "Hey, quit giving our shit away." What do you expect? They're a lot more polite than the RIAA. This is how it's played. I'm still bummed this goodie dropped whilst I was off the grid for for a couple days. Can't find it anywhere, probably just as well.

srhelicity

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]srhelicity[/nom]Has anyone mentioned yet that the image that of a Droid X?[/citation]
Ugh, I can't even poke fun properly. Has anyone mentioned yet that the image isn't that of a Droid X? sigh.

G

I'm comparing that picture to my Droid X, in my hand, and that IS A DROID X.

How many of you that said that is not a Droid X actually own the Droid X?

Nick_C

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
[citation][nom]blazer_123[/nom]I'm comparing that picture to my Droid X, in my hand, and that IS A DROID X. How many of you that said that is not a Droid X actually own the Droid X?[/citation]
REad Jane's comment above.... (and note the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.