Motorola Droid 2 Coming to Verizon in June?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chedderslam1976

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
Out of contract and seriously looked at the current Droid. Glad I waited. Now if only I could get it on Att so my GF with an iphone could share an account.

jchoefer

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
I love my Moto Droid, but the one feature I thought I HAD to have, the keyboard, I never use! Nice to see that they are coming out with a model that doesn't have it!

brando56894

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
If these are the true specs then the Incredible is going to kick the crap out of the Droid 2. I have the original Moto Droid and those specs aren't that much better than what I currently have! ~720MHz OMAP processor and MotoBlur? :Barf: I already have my Droid clocked to 1GHz and have the possibility to use 7 screen via Helix Launcher for free.

If these are true specs the only things it actually has over the original droid are the bigger screen, FM Radio and HDMI port. If you rooted the original Droid you can have as much virtual RAM as you want via a swap file so the 512mb of RAM isn't anything special, it's just faster swapping.

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
Awesome spec list.

If this lives up to the spec list in terms of build quality, user interface, and polish it could be real contender against the next iPhone.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]chedderslam1976[/nom]Out of contract and seriously looked at the current Droid. Glad I waited. Now if only I could get it on Att so my GF with an iphone could share an account.[/citation]
Dump her. That iPhone will give your new Droid 2 herpes!

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]brando56894[/nom]If these are the true specs then the Incredible is going to kick the crap out of the Droid 2. I have the original Moto Droid and those specs aren't that much better than what I currently have! ~720MHz OMAP processor and MotoBlur? I already have my Droid clocked to 1GHz and have the possibility to use 7 screen via Helix Launcher for free. If these are true specs the only things it actually has over the original droid are the bigger screen, FM Radio and HDMI port. If you rooted the original Droid you can have as much virtual RAM as you want via a swap file so the 512mb of RAM isn't anything special, it's just faster swapping.[/citation]Yeah but if you like the Droid, then the Droid 2 is a better Droid. Besides, don't forget a couple of things: We don't know the clock speeds for either the CPU or the SGX530 (same model SGX, but it could be clocked higher). Also, swap file? Are you on drugs? A swap file is OK for keeping a program in the background from losing its contents, but for an active program it is too slow to be useful. More memory FTW.

G

these are not the specs specially for Droid 2, someone at howardsforum said that it outperforms HTC Incredible. The guy who said it knows how it looks like but cant release pictures.

pixel

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
[citation][nom]Ehsan W[/nom]i'm not a great fan of Motorola....[/citation]

motorola has improved A LOT over the years, since they started making Android phones they have made some GREAT phones, They arent the same old Motorola. Some great phones they have made Droid, CLIQ, Devour, and especially the Nextel phones which are very durable for heavy duty work such as construction ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.