Motorola Droid 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S3

lehighace06

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
So I've been a Motorola user for a few years, Droid 2 then 3, with a lot of defectiveness issues requiring refurbished replacements. I'm up for an upgrade soon and I am considering switching from Motorola to Samsung and getting the Galaxy S3 instead of the Droid 4.

Can I get as much feedback about the two as I can get, and maybe a direct comparison between them? Thanks.

Solution
The S3 is a tremendous piece of tech and it will be getting Android 4.1 soon. There's really nothing to not like. I got one about 3 weeks ago and of the Adroid phones I've had (Evo 4G, Razr, and Razr Maxx) the S3 is by far the best.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
The S3 is a tremendous piece of tech and it will be getting Android 4.1 soon. There's really nothing to not like. I got one about 3 weeks ago and of the Adroid phones I've had (Evo 4G, Razr, and Razr Maxx) the S3 is by far the best.

Solution

lehighace06

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
rivofie- thanks for the link!

halcyon- so you find the s3 to be better than the razr maxx? that's the third phone (beside the droid 4 and s3) that i was considering. droid 4 has the keyboard, razr maxx has the battery life, but both are motorola, so if s3 is that much better, i think i've got a decision on its way

cbrunnem

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010

the s3 has great battery life. i typically bounce between 30-50 hours per charge so i consider that good. ive never went to bed with it below 50% charge. i typically am on the internet 4 hours a day on wifi with videos a quarter of that.

if you do end up getting the s3 the trick to getting good battery life is to tell the phone to disconnect from wifi while asleep and to restrict background mobile data.