Motorola Hints to New Threat at Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Verizon truly doesn't need a iPhone. Getting it would just be a shot to AT&T.

Personally all they need is the best Android and WP7 phones (they already have the best Android phones available) and they will still carry more customers.

Thats also considering that 4G LTE is being pushed out this month in more areas than any other provider. And considering Verizons reach, their 4G will probably top the coverage charts well before anyone else.

Either way, with newer Android OS hitting that offer more features and better performance, I doubt Motorola has much to worry about.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i think verison getting the iphoen hurts at&t th most you're right, however it will effect moroola and the droid market in some ways as peopel tired of at&t who switched from the iphone might want to return to thier iiphone on a better network

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
jimmy up there is right, its true that Verizon doesn't need an iPhone. But Verizon getting the iPhone will likely be the final blow to AT&T.

I know that the only reason why I didn't buy the iPhone when it was first released is because of AT&T. Of course, now I would rather have an Android. But I know plenty of people that will probably die with an iPhone in their hand, and the only complaint they have about their iPhone is AT&T's service.

G

Its not at&t's network, its the number of I-phones gobbling up data.
If Verizon gets the I-phone, there network will slow down too.
If At&t's network is so bad, why are there so many people on there network...just sayin.
Ive never had a dropped call on my window's phone since I got it on release day!

G

@karlyoung11
There has already been statistics outed to the consumer by third party companies that show that Android users use more data on their phones than iphone users and i dont see any complaints about Verizon's network slowing down. Myth Busted.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Of course, the new competitive dynamic could be Windows Phone 7.
I LOLed when I read this part of the article. Sorry...I had to. :) One of these days, we WILL see the BSOD on a mobile phone, unless we haven't already.

firebee1991

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Much as most of us would not want an iPhone, it is still a huge seller, and it would be a smart business decision for Verizon to aquire it. I know plenty of people who hate AT&T's crappy network, but are only on it for the iPhone.

infernaldna

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
In all fairness to everyone Verizon has far fewer albeit more data hungry smartphone (Android) users but I would say after doing some research as to dropped calls and over all call quality and they seem to vary greatly from handset to handset. Plus Apple did use a chipset that was more tailored to Europe's tightly packed towers. AT&T didn't have the same issues prior to the iPhone and they still had the majority of the USA's smartphones, nor do Blackberry users seem to complain as much. And time and time again they seem to be able to rally when it comes to the USB modem support since they have do well in the past few years handily beating the competition with the iPhone load. I actually think AT&T will do well once losing the exclusivity. Not only will the amount they pay per phone go down they may lose 5-10 million customers which should ease some strain coupled with their pre-LTE plans they should be able to really get some healthy speeds. My dad's iPhone 4 gets a solid 4-5 mbps down and about 1.25 mbps up. And before I am labeled a fan boy I actually have a rooted Droid Incredible on Verizon.

G

People forget, AT&T is the former Cingular, back in the day before the Iphone, they used to drop calls like crazy. So.... please, don't try to justify AT&T horrible service, if one thing they have gotten a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.