Motorola Takes Another Swipe at Apple in New Ad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Flash support kind of sucks. Now all these ridiculous ads will start showing up eating up precious limited space on the data plan and slwoing down our browsing experience.

david__t

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
Although I agree with everyone saying that the lack of Flash support is poor, it will be sort of a moot point soon because with the advent of HTML 5, Flash is on the way out - as YouTube has already demonstrated.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]david__t[/nom]it will be sort of a moot point soon because with the advent of HTML 5, Flash is on the way out[/citation]
But it isn't gone yet and HTML5 isn't exactly fully working yet.
You dont remove support for something until it's replacement is in place.

One day all cars will run on batteries, so let's stop producing gasoline right now.
What about all those people who have cars that use gasoline still?
Tough, they will have to get a new car plus gasoline is bad so just deal with it.

Flash should be supported until people decide to stop using it, not because you are prevented even though virtually the whole internet uses it.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]Drakennz[/nom]Hold up so you're saying because other companies do it - it's ok?That sounds a bit like Job's ideology when it comes to dealing with the iPhone 4's signal loss issues.Personally I don't think simply proving that other's do it, makes something less disgusting/despicable[/citation]
I never said it was OK. I said you'd be a hypocrite to point fingers at one company when virtually all companies run their business this way - outsource production to a country where labour costs are dirt cheap to lower your production costs.

It's funny how Foxconn makes so many products, yet the only ones people complain about are Apple.

And I'm still enjoying my two brand new iPhone 4's. :)

G

Have you people TRIED flash on a smart phone? It's a grisly, crashy, hot, battery-draining experience.

Sure, the droids support flash in the same way my economy car supports towing a full-sized camper. Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.