Moto's Tegra 2-powered Olympus Coming 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Unfortunate news for those of you who dislike custom skins or UI layers over your stock Android: the Olympus is going to be shipping with Android 2.2 but with Motoblur on top. That said, it's going to be a new version of Motoblur (Blur_Version.4.0.1450) so you never know, you might actually end up liking it.

Tegra 2 + CyanogenMod = GG.

Wish it were coming out this year..

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
If it comes with a price tag near the Samsung Tab than: No, thanks. Anyway, it's good to see that Motorola is upping the competition. I would love to have a 'pure' android device from motorola, but, hey, they love locking the bootloaders so I don't think that would be possible. :( Let's see if the Nexus S can live up to the hype.
I'm on a Milestone (1), running 2.2.1 already (if you wish to learn more about it, look up at XDA forums for the G.O.T. thread -- or, if you are Brazilian, try the ShadowMod -it's better anyway, so anyone wishing to install it should try it - it won't lockup your touch as the G.O.T. mod) and it's running perfectly. I just hope that they can create a new droid that can last at least 3 days on a single battery charge. I hate having to charge it every single night. :(

winterblade

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
We will NEVER have enough speed :p, but yes, I would also like an smartphone with the battery life of a blokia.
I really love my original Droid, and have been a moto user for a while now, and these specs really sound killer to me, just make it a qwerty slider and they will keep me as a moto user :D

Status
Not open for further replies.