mounting a usb

Mich25

Prominent
Apr 4, 2017
I like so many others am finding that I only have 3 GB of space left on my hard drive (on a good day) and I am unable to delete the 10 GB of temporary files my cloudbook says I have.
DO I need to mount a usb flash drive or hard drive to use it as my main hard drive?

Solution
If your laptop says you only have 3 GB left on it a USB Flash drive won't give you enough for running things from. Sounds like you need to clear up the laptop.

A good place to start is all the junk left over on the computer from accessing the internet on any browser. Cache, cookies, history, etc. Clear them up.

Try uninstalling any programs you don't actually use (and aren't necessary for other things to run). Next I would suggest deleting any files you just 'have' but never really use. Especially videos, as they take up a lot of space.

If there is nothing you want to get rid of, you might want to see if that particular laptop can handle a larger (capacity wise) drive or even a secondary one.
If your laptop says you only have 3 GB left on it a USB Flash drive won't give you enough for running things from. Sounds like you need to clear up the laptop.

A good place to start is all the junk left over on the computer from accessing the internet on any browser. Cache, cookies, history, etc. Clear them up.

Try uninstalling any programs you don't actually use (and aren't necessary for other things to run). Next I would suggest deleting any files you just 'have' but never really use. Especially videos, as they take up a lot of space.

If there is nothing you want to get rid of, you might want to see if that particular laptop can handle a larger (capacity wise) drive or even a secondary one.

Solution