Mouse Acting Wierd all the sudden

Nov 17, 2018
Hi all

Currently im using windows 7 on my laptop and use cheap mouse (i have no idea what brand) since im not using my laptop for gaming .lately my mouse or maybe my OS? acting really wierd ,if i click once my left mouse ,it act as double click

so i though it because hardware issue or something is wrong with that cheap mouse ,so i bough logitech G102 but same thing still happening ....if i just click (once) it goes block all

and i bough another one corsair xornet but its still happening ...this is really frustating as i cant highlight text (for copy and paste highlighted text) ..but if i slowly tap the tip of my mouse (the left click) its work ok , i can properly highlight selected text

im suspecting this is due wrong setting in my windows not hardware issue since i bough 2 new mouse

anyone can help me? i dont want to reinstall my OS since lots of my home work is stored in single disk partition

Nov 17, 2018
i don't know how to explained this , but i will refer to this thread from microsoft ,it seems same or similar problem
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mouse-clicks-twice-sometimes/e075eb81-3f0e-40bb-a51a-e643f3760178

right click seems fine ( have no issue at all ) only this left click really gave me headache. some times its doing double click even triple click when we just doing a single click (or anything we can do with left click , sometime is dragging, double click or random )

the solution from microsoft forum is to clean install or clean boot ..but duno, if possible im trying to avoid reinstalling whole system

Nov 17, 2018
@helpstar

everything is set default ,click lock is uncheck

in my device manager ,i saw 2 listed driver ..
microsoft one and logitech ( my mouse is logitech G102)

but if i disable the microsoft one, the mouse is not working and if the logitech one being disabled nothing happen
also doesnt matter if i disabled one of them ,the windows system automatically reinstall deleted one

===edit
well after removing both driver and plugging the mouse usb to different port , now device manager listed as HID-compliant mouse
and only one ( the logitech now is gone)

Nov 17, 2018
@helpstar

just tried all my mouse in my brother desktop (the system is rarely used and using windows 7 same as my laptop,not many software installed aside from microsoft office ) all 3 of my mouse working fine and normal

and yes both comes with additional software ,corsair xornet for macro and logitech for DPI setting ..but the xornet driver is installed "directly" no installation wizard when installing ,i mean it doesn't listed in "program and features" . how we remove this? logitech is removed but still having same issue

also is it possible to copy mouse registry setting from my brother desktop to my laptop?

Copying would be possible, if you find the correct registry entry and eventual ini/config files

maybe the xornet app/driver can be uninstalled directly by right clicking on it in the start menu of windows?

Maybe updating the frmware of the xornet can change the settings

try updating the driver within the device manager

or uninstall the driver directly inside the device manager. right click on the mouse and "uninstall"

another thing to do is restore system files by command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

type this into the search field of windows or comman prompt

you can try using a restore point of windows to get it working like before the effect started

Nov 17, 2018
hi helpstar

sory if the thread getting out of topic , can you refer any article or guide link for exporting mouse from one computer to another? tried fixing for 2 days but seems none all the method is working ..my first though is this issue due the macro from xornet but i recon that before i bought the cm xornet the mouse issue is allready happened

if exporting the registry is doable for average computer user like me , this is my last effort before im going reinstall the windows system and closed this thread