mouse pad probelms

Johnbrinones

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
My Dell Laptop mousepad stopped working about 4 weeks ago out of nowhere. And Ive tried everything that was recommended for my situation, none of it worked. For some reason every 7 days when my laptop is shutoff and not charged at all, the mousepad works for about 2 minutes then stops working again, I don't know why that's happening and it's getting me pretty mad because I don't know what else to do. Please, does somebody know what's wrong with my laptop and what I can do to fix it??

Solution
Have you tried the following....

Touchpad not working? Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

Also, you might also want to check for updates to your drivers.

You may also want to check in the power settings (Control Panel, Power options, Change Plan Settings, Change Advanced Power Settings) and look for the option for the touchpad/mouse.
Have you tried the following....

Touchpad not working? Try the following and see if it fixes it...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

Also, you might also want to check for updates to your drivers.

You may also want to check in the power settings (Control Panel, Power options, Change Plan Settings, Change Advanced Power Settings) and look for the option for the touchpad/mouse.

Solution