Movie Rental Arrive on Facebook with Dark Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
$3.00! I would just go to Redbox or Blockbuster Express and rent a movie for $1.00. Or even better Netflix for $11 a month and get all the movies I want.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I'll stick with Netflix. The streaming part has been more then worth what Im paying. The DVD in the mail part is just icing on the cake.

knightmike

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
Unlike most people, I don't think The Dark Knight is the best movie ever. Here's what's wrong with The Dark Knight:

I usually enjoy Christian Bale's work. Not this time. Get rid of the growl and then we'll talk.

The disappearing pencil trick was so scripted. The sidekick that participated in the trick had not even stood up yet when the trick began. The Joker would have looked pretty stupid if he put the pencil in the table and nobody participated.

Batman retrieves an entire cartridge (casing and all) from the wall. How did it get there? Did somebody drill a hole in the wall and slide the cartridge in? I know it wasn't fired from a gun because only the bullet would be in the wall. Not the entire cartridge. See, when a bullet is fired, the casing is ejected from the gun. It isn't fired with the bullet. Anyway, the reason he retrieves the cartridge is to extract a fingerprint. It would have been much easier if he had just picked up the casings that would be on the floor if this was reality.

Who decided that superheroes want girls that look like Kirsten Dunst? Maggie Gyllenhaal looks like her sister. Bruce Wayne has good taste. He arrives to a party in a helicopter with beautiful models at his side. And at this party with beautiful supermodels, the Joker picks Maggie Gyllenhaal out of the crowd and calls her beautiful. Yeah, right...

Batman takes the fall for Two-Face. The world can never know what he did. THEY DON'T HAVE TO!!! There were no witnesses to what he did. The blame could have been put on anybody. One of the Joker's goons perhaps? Why Batman? I'll tell you why. To set up the third movie.

This movie is lame and the only reason it got stellar reviews is because people are stupid. People got wrapped up in Heath Ledger's death and wanted to make this his finest work ever. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the producers realized they had an over budget crap movie and killed Heath for publicity. I'm not saying they did. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.

2 of 5 stars.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I like the Dark Knight but don't like Facebook.

.. That didn't add much to the way of discussion, but thought I'd write it anyway.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Dang it these FREKIN spams are annoying! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and I think netflix and hulu will still win...absurd for $3.00 i can get a WHOLE MONTH for $9-11 with netflix or hulu for free or my friends who actually buy the dvds...

Pawessum16

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Meh I'll stick with torrents, all the blu ray and dvd versions I want and much sooner than those other places lol.[/citation]
This is where the movie industry keeps f-ing up and lets the pirateers keep running rampant. With the digital versions, the movie pirates continually release them sooner and in way better quality than you can buy as a download. It's the only reason I get torrented movies. If I could get a new release for $2 and download/stream the day it came out to rent on DVD/Bluray in 720p video, I would go for it, but they don't. It's also pretty sad when I can convert a movie myself in way better quality and with better compression than what's out there to download commercially with the use of Handbrake. In the digital world, the movie industry is an epic fail

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Meh I'll stick with torrents, all the blu ray and dvd versions I want and much sooner than those other places lol.[/citation]
Pirate all the movies you want, but please buy the games..We cant afford to lose any more devs :(

jasonh8806

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
[citation][nom]knightmike[/nom]Unlike most people, I don't think The Dark Knight is the best movie ever. Here's what's wrong with The Dark Knight:I usually enjoy Christian Bale's work. Not this time. Get rid of the growl and then we'll talk.The disappearing pencil trick was so scripted. The sidekick that participated in the trick had not even stood up yet when the trick began. The Joker would have looked pretty stupid if he put the pencil in the table and nobody participated.Batman retrieves an entire cartridge (casing and all) from the wall. How did it get there? Did somebody drill a hole in the wall and slide the cartridge in? I know it wasn't fired from a gun because only the bullet would be in the wall. Not the entire cartridge. See, when a bullet is fired, the casing is ejected from the gun. It isn't fired with the bullet. Anyway, the reason he retrieves the cartridge is to extract a fingerprint. It would have been much easier if he had just picked up the casings that would be on the floor if this was reality.Who decided that superheroes want girls that look like Kirsten Dunst? Maggie Gyllenhaal looks like her sister. Bruce Wayne has good taste. He arrives to a party in a helicopter with beautiful models at his side. And at this party with beautiful supermodels, the Joker picks Maggie Gyllenhaal out of the crowd and calls her beautiful. Yeah, right...Batman takes the fall for Two-Face. The world can never know what he did. THEY DON'T HAVE TO!!! There were no witnesses to what he did. The blame could have been put on anybody. One of the Joker's goons perhaps? Why Batman? I'll tell you why. To set up the third movie.This movie is lame and the only reason it got stellar reviews is because people are stupid. People got wrapped up in Heath Ledger's death and wanted to make this his finest work ever. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the producers realized they had an over budget crap movie and killed Heath for publicity. I'm not saying they did. I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me.2 of 5 stars.[/citation]

Seriously? You took all that time to type that when this story has nothing to do with the movie itself? And then you throw in a conspiracy theory about producers killing Heath Ledger? Go somewhere else and be a movie snob and get a life

Status
Not open for further replies.