Mozilla's Boot 2 Gecko Mobile OS to Land 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Yet another company jumping on 'build your own OS' wagon.. Am so bored of multiple OS'es, distributions etc. Can someone stick with WinOS, iOS and Android and just make the most of it now instead of giving us more buggy prototypes!

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Oh no, not another stupid OS made for "apps" with menu full of tiles. I really miss Windows Mobile and its interface :( Now hate me all you like, but I'm sick of ALL modern phone OSs. Then again, didn't try WP7.5 yet...

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
[citation][nom]edvinasm[/nom]Yet another company jumping on 'build your own OS' wagon.. Am so bored of multiple OS'es, distributions etc. Can someone stick with WinOS, iOS and Android and just make the most of it now instead of giving us more buggy prototypes![/citation]

Let the market decide that... It is a open market and only worthy ones survive anyways...

EDVINASM

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]Let the market decide that... It is a open market and only worthy ones survive anyways...[/citation]

Big fan of free market and no regulations etc? Still? Even after the big crash? I don't think market must regulate everything. I know it's the way it will be because of some people simply being unaware of their phone capabilities and promoting some things without considering competition. Just don't include everyone into the 'market', I am fed up with constant 'updates' to hardware and software. Every quarter some breakthrough that actually means nothing productive. Bigger screen, more raw power, facebook integration, so what? How about battery that lasts at least a week and out of the box GPS with no need for network to use one?

G

"Big fan of free market and no regulations etc? Still? Even after the big crash? I don't think market must regulate everything. I know it's the way it will be because of some people simply being unaware of their phone capabilities and promoting some things without considering competition. Just don't include everyone into the 'market', I am fed up with constant 'updates' to hardware and software. Every quarter some breakthrough that actually means nothing productive. Bigger screen, more raw power, facebook integration, so what? How about battery that lasts at least a week and out of the box GPS with no need for network to use one?"

Big fan of controlled markets and croney capitalism? Foolish sheep, Mozilla should be applauded for their attempt, not reprimanded. Do you and your friends sit around at Starbucks with your iPad's discussing how everyone is trying to rip off Apple while pleasuring yourself to a Steve Jobs biography?

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]edvinasm[/nom]Big fan of free market and no regulations etc? Still? Even after the big crash? I don't think market must regulate everything. I know it's the way it will be because of some people simply being unaware of their phone capabilities and promoting some things without considering competition. Just don't include everyone into the 'market', I am fed up with constant 'updates' to hardware and software. Every quarter some breakthrough that actually means nothing productive. Bigger screen, more raw power, facebook integration, so what? How about battery that lasts at least a week and out of the box GPS with no need for network to use one?[/citation]

you can thank apple and its thin war for crap batteries, and no gps without network is simple, they want you on their services to pay more money.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
They'd better include 8 gigs of RAM in these phones if it's based on Firefox code. Gonna need it if you want more than one page open.

Status
Not open for further replies.