Solved! Mp3 files downloaded corrupted?

Jan 11, 2019
Hello,

I've been downloading mp3 audio files for last 2 years as part of school assignments. All of a sudden they start to download with a .null extension and I'm not able to play or listen to them. Any help would be appreciated!

Al

Solution
Well if they say null then they likely didn't download correctly. There may be a problem with the location you are downloading them through. So I would check that. You can look at the name of the file before you download it and make sure it has the right extension. If it doesn't, then you need to let the location you are getting them from know there is a problem. If, however, they are named correctly before download, then there may be a problem either with whatever app you are using for downloading, or with the phone itself. A simple restart (turning off and back on) the phone may resolve your problem. I would start there, should the file names be correct, as mentioned above.

You might also want to try downloading the files through...
Well if they say null then they likely didn't download correctly. There may be a problem with the location you are downloading them through. So I would check that. You can look at the name of the file before you download it and make sure it has the right extension. If it doesn't, then you need to let the location you are getting them from know there is a problem. If, however, they are named correctly before download, then there may be a problem either with whatever app you are using for downloading, or with the phone itself. A simple restart (turning off and back on) the phone may resolve your problem. I would start there, should the file names be correct, as mentioned above.

You might also want to try downloading the files through another device, like a computer, and see if they turn out fine or not. To test the issue.

Solution
Jan 11, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I will start by downloading the files to my laptop to see if they download as readable mp3. That should tell me where the issues is.

Again thanks!

TRENDING THREADS