Mp3 into 5.1 Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

balaji00710

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
How can i convert a normal mp3 audio into 5.1 Audio in my pc..there is any software to convert this audio's....to use track in my Video but i am having the Mp3 only not in 5.1 track format....

Solution
If those MP3 files are stereo only, there is no way to get that data back into a higher standard. There is no surround or center channel audio stream anymore only left/right.

It's like baking a cake then asking to get the eggs and flour back out of it.
If those MP3 files are stereo only, there is no way to get that data back into a higher standard. There is no surround or center channel audio stream anymore only left/right.

It's like baking a cake then asking to get the eggs and flour back out of it.

Solution

mmxcore

Estimable
Jul 28, 2014
I hate that the internet is so full of disinformation now. It's like no one has ever heard of pro-logic or the newer versions (like DTS Neo) heck "quadraphonic" sound has been encoded into stereo signals as early as the 70s...Asking a computer program to decode the data and maybe add to it (since it's been 40 years) isn't really asking a lot. Years ago, even winamp had a 5ch upmixer, it's a shame more programs don't have it (or something similar, even the half-arse 5ch or 7ch stereo generic modes a basic DSP isn't asking a lot I would hope. I assume most don't want to pay licensing to dolby or figure what percent of your user database really even cares?

Not really sure what you are adding here since there is nothing that you said that will convert an mp3 into 5.1. The quadraphnic sound is the same left/right channels being send to a set of rear speakers, that is not surround sound (edit - there are true quad systems but almost all were setup to play stereo to the rear speakers as they were recorded in 4 channels then mixed to two then separated to 4 again). And there is no way you can add missing rear or subwoofer or center channel data that does not exist in the source without remixing the audio. Everything else is just faking surround sound by playing the left/right channel signal on the rear speakers.

Sure you can play an normal MP3 on a 5.1 system, but you are hearing stereo not surround sound.

CdRpr77

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
If you dont mind re-encoding it try Audacity. I make most of my songs 5.1 that way regardless of initial format. There are a few good tuts around still if your google-fu is good.

Venkatesh_5

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016
I was using db poweramp mp3 converter for 2 channels to 5.1 conversion and result is pretty good....i used to convert from mp3 to .wav format ...I think people should try it once...

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008

All you're really doing is just taking a stereo signal, and using virtualization to make the rear audio from literally out of thin air. You aren't "converting" the audio to 5.1, what you're doing is literally creating audio that doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.