MPAA Threatens to Cut Google from Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodguy713

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
ill beleave this this when it actually happens seriously where do they get the nerve ... google hahaha they could buy the dam movie studios if they wanted..

Gigahertz20

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
What are Google employees doing downloading movies? With the good paying jobs they have, they shouldn't be risking it to download a movie while at work on the company network.

zozzlhandler

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
I seriously doubt that there was any real violation. Most likely an employee was checking that the content was infringing due to a complaint.

G

You can't disconnect google
they are on their own network and most access are through peering at local internet exchange
to disconnect google is to ask thousands of isp to de peer google.
so isp have to eat the cost to route thru other ppl? not likely

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Since when did the MPAA own the internet?

Google needs to grow some balls and tell them to shove it outright. The more they give in to these overinflated bullies, the more that's going to be demanded of them. They have no legal grounds to threaten an entire company because of the actions of a few, but it's going to take a company with a spine to actually call their bluff and prove in a court that these organizations have no actual power.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
LMFAO oh man, MPAA you crack me up

google would so own your ass. they could probably erase you from the internet, or even the world if they so chose to.

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Seriously I had to check the date, thought it was April 1st for a minute.

Go for it MPAA, google is going to rape you in the courts and then humiliate you and make you lick the hairy ballsack of a donkey just for fun and the ammusement of everyone else in the world.

G

Monitor the members of the MPAA, such as Sony etc. and I guarantee you will see infringements there too.

snoogins

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." - I'd like to see em try it, only to see MPAA get destroyed.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Google has almost taken over the internet from other companies such as Microsoft. Perhaps the MPAA should be very careful who threatens to cut the internet from who.

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Well, The MPAA tend to find themselves biting off more than they can chew when they pick on single people, Now they have attacked one of the biggest forces known to man, I just hope Google take time out from their busy schedule to COMPLETELY DESTROY THE MPAA

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
The MPAA make me laugh, all their BS threats, like they could really close down Google from the internet, morons. What google should do is ban any software/music/movies from any company associated with the MPAA being available on any google site including youtube, and advertisments, any reviews, any blogs etc etc, and watch all these companies come on hands and knees begging google to reverse it when all their sales plummet.

The MPAA need google far more than google will ever need them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS