Ms office 2007 professional win 7

Gabriel2010

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Hello,

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and Office 2007 Professional on-line. The laptop came with pre-installed trial Office 2007 (which I uninstalled).

I have had no issues with my laptop so far, but have not been able to install Office Pro 2007. It does not even pass the first screen. The Blue-ray ROM is reading the disk content OK (i.e., file names etc), but while in setup.exe mode, it is making "clunky" noises and then displaying the venerable "Corrupt file/Disk" message.

The box and "Properties", say it is for Windows Vista. From what I have read, that should not be an issue. I have tried to install it as administrator to no avail.

One thing I noticed in Setup.exe Properties is a valid date of 4/4/06 - 4/10/07. Not sure if this has anything to do with its install.

Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Gandalf

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
1. Error-check the drive that you are trying to install the software onto.

2. Use CCleaner to clean up any temp files. It's free.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

3. Not sure about the setup validation dates. How did you obtain the Office Pro 2007 copy? It might have been a time limited offer from Microsoft.

4. As for the Vista issue, that usually indicates a minimum requirement. That should not be a factor under Windows 7.

It appears as if it is a trial offer of sorts and the disk has an "expiration date" on it. If you paid for it and thought it was a full version, I'd contact the company you bought it from. If not and it is just a trial, you can download a free trial from MS's website (it's good for 60 days).