MSFT, Apple, HTC, Google, LG, Moto ALL Get Sued

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
cmon, this will never fly. Everything will settle as the best case scenario.
Otherwise, it will be just thrown out as being a ridiculous case.

hunter315

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
With that many lawyers going against them they dont really stand a chance. Im also curious how their patent is directly infringed on by a smart phone and not by someone on a laptop checking their email over wifi.

Chadh25

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
NTP is a Bleeping Patent troll.. Personally I think NTP stepped in it deep up to the nose with this lawsuit. The perfect analogy sounds a bit like this. "never bring a knife(NTP) to a gun fight(everyone else)" RIM didn't loose they where just tired of throwing money away and instead of continuing to take a loss they Settled.. they didn't say they did it but apparently NTP had enough evidence to prove they could have.... NTP is a Troll I hope Apple and Microsoft Join together and take a Page out of the Mafia book and takes them out back...and Bleeps them

tainted_peak

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
People impeding progress....I feel like if intellectual property was equal or mutualistic we would of found the cure for aids/cancer/solved world hunger but alas legal system hold us back.

NoCaDrummer

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
So if I access my email account, using my computer, which happens to have a wireless internet card, that's infringing, right? It would be "wireless email."
Sometimes the patent system is SO incredibly FUBAR'd I wonder what troglodytes must be issuing patents. Wasn't "the test" supposed to include the idea that it was "non-obvious"?

G

now if apple would just let microsoft have multi-touch they could have a windows pad

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
I liked the Washington Post suggestions, the six of them should just collectively buy NTP and then dissolve the company and release the patents into public domain.

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]so this is how the company profits they just sit around and sue[/citation]It takes real engineering to get congress to pass laws and regulations that favor patent trolls with software and business process patents. Credit where credit is due.

GoneFishing36

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
The patent goes back to the year 1991. The first text message for a cellular network was public in 1992. Sure, the patent is at the end of its life cycle, but if you can't prove someone else did it before that inventor.

Then he rightfully deserves the licensing fee. RIM was sued in 2001, as soon as verdict came out, they went ahead and sued HP, you can't say they just sitting there.

This is one of the worst patent trolls. Damn lucky with that submarine patent.

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I'll agree with the above comments.. They bit off way more than they can chew.. It has been proven that money is the deciding factor in legal battles, and with a list such as the one above, the tiny company will probably get slapped around this time. At the time, RIM was big, but not compared to its current self, much less Microsoft, Apple, Google + the others combined. Hell, they are virtually suing the entire cellular phone industry at this point, not to mention the fact that between MS and Google, they are suing the largest Software / Internet service providers on Earth. I suppose it comes down to if Balmer and google guys got lucky the night before as to how this will go down.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Smochina 07/10/2010 12:32 PM Hide -3+
"The fault is not at NTP but with us laws that allow every moron to register any stupid patent anyone can think off. Guess I'm going to file a patent registration for sitting while shiting, I'll sue everybody and totally own this planet. Aha!"

you've never been to the asian pacific i take it, they just stand over a hole. i hope that bathroom with the hole is not above you and centered over your ceiling fan.

can't wait to see whose going to countersue back or buy NPT outright in a hostile takeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.