MSI Afterburner won't let me unlock voltage control

jshoop

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
back when i had xp (a few months ago) i was attempting to overclock my graphics card. This is a pretty old system, im about to upgrade soon hopefully and wanted to try overclocking with some inexpensive equiment rather than ruin brand new stuff. Anyway, i have a core 2 quad q6600, a stock intel motherboard, 2gb ddr2 ram (i know its low, im working on getting more) and a radeon hd4890. my psu is 550W or 650W, i forget. the sticker fell off too so :(. anyway, when i had xp, i was able to unlock voltage control and overclock a little bit. i backed it down though cause i had terrible cooling. Now i have windows 7 and a new case (define r4), and nothing happens when i click unlock voltage control. if anyone can help out thatd be great :)

i think i might know the reason, im pretty sure i downloaded drivers and ccc but i can't find it. if anyone can link me to that, thatd be great. im not sure what one to choose, the legacy drivers or the new ones. i tried putting my card in but nothing popped up for my card.

jshoop

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
i tried downloading catalyst control center, i figured out why nothing popped up, i was using the wrong series. i have an hd4890, so its in the hd series. anyway, i already had that downloaded i guess, so i dont think drivers are the problem