Msi Cx620mx display not working, completely black

Bleron Rrustemi

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014
Hi,

I have an old Msi cx620mx laptop. Accidentally I dropped some coffee into my keyboard. Thought to clean up as fast as I could to not have issues with keyboard and mouse but it occurred to another problem.

After I completed the laptop again, there is no display. I also tried with external monitor but no result. Also turned off, pressed power button for a minute released ans again put it back no result.

Whats going on?

Since it has integrated graphic card, idk how to check the video module anywhere.

Thanks

Solution
$50 to fix an issue with a laptop motherboard is very cheap. I doubt they can fix it though, would likely need to replace the board. I don't see any motherboards for that model on ebay though.
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start with a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it.
- Next is to try to boot your laptop without its battery and just use its AC adapter.
- If this doesn't work re-seat the RAM. Remove the RAM sticks for a couple of seconds then re-insert them, making sure everything is seated properly.
- If this does not work and you can hear the laptop is on, but there is no graphics on the display, connect your laptop to an external monitor and see if it will display anything. If the external monitor displays your laptop's graphics your laptop screen may be faulty.
- The next thing to try is to see if your AC adapter is working properly. You can test this by trying another AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If all these will not work the problem is the motherboard.

Bleron Rrustemi

Estimable
Oct 1, 2014

I ve done all steps you said and as a result of problem seems to have problem with motherboard. Someone said that an integral has been burned so it needs changing and said it to be near 50$ for that repair in motherboard.
Is is high price for a repair?