MSI Dominator gt70 2pc laptop won't turn on

Jul 18, 2018
Hi, I have an MSI Dominator gt70 2pc laptop. I recently upgraded the SSD in it from the 128gb to a 500g samsung 860 evo and got it up and running just fine. The drive is mSATA. Later I wanted to put the old drive back in and use it as extra storage. I placed the drive in one of the other mSATA slots and put the cover back on.

When I hit the power button nothing happened. For extra info, the laptop was fully charged at the time, the power supply was working perfectly beforehand. Also if it helps, the new drive is a clone of the old one and both have the OS on them currently. However I'm not sure that would matter until after the MB posts at least but if any info helps I'll give it.

I was quite careful to not jarr any components during the process and I had no trouble replacing the hard drive in the first place.

Solution
Did you try removing the old drive and see if it will start up again? I ask, because there could be a conflict with them both having the same data.

And, even when we think we are careful, it is so easy to knock something loose, disconnect something, etc., when working inside a device. So I would check that as well.
Did you try removing the old drive and see if it will start up again? I ask, because there could be a conflict with them both having the same data.

And, even when we think we are careful, it is so easy to knock something loose, disconnect something, etc., when working inside a device. So I would check that as well.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS