MSI Fan Problem - Right Fan Not Working!

p24p10

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
Hello everyone,
I ran into a bit of a problem recently. My GE62VR 6RF Msi Laptop can run insanely hot after a few hours of gaming. This is usually normal and I usually just hit the fan button. However, recently I noticed the right fan doesn't blow hot air, only the left one spits anything out. This causes the laptop to heat up even with the fans (Fan-singular, I guess) at max. Any ideas?

Solution

GT72VR 6RE here with the same issue, GPU fan at 0rps on Dragon Center monitor. I've done like 3 Windows 10 clean installs by now and I have noticed that when the old Windows system is removed the fan works when turning on the cooler boost, but as soon as windows update starts updating something happens that the fan goes off to 0 again, and...
Try cleaning it out of dust and debris to make sure that nothing is blocking the air. Should that not do it then you may want to take it to a tech and see if the fan needs replacing.

NOTE: If it is under warranty, then contact the manufacturer before doing anything to it.

p24p10

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016

It is no longer under warranty and the inside is spotless

Sep 9, 2018

GT72VR 6RE here with the same issue, GPU fan at 0rps on Dragon Center monitor. I've done like 3 Windows 10 clean installs by now and I have noticed that when the old Windows system is removed the fan works when turning on the cooler boost, but as soon as windows update starts updating something happens that the fan goes off to 0 again, and there's no way to fix it from there.

I've also found that on the MSI forums a lot of people had been having the same issue since 2017 with diferent series (GE, GS and GT), but in those cases it all seemed to have been hardware issues. I'm still on warranty so I'll be sending mine this week, that sucks because I need it for work, studies and entrenteinmeint especially this month.

It looks like MSI is pure trash man,I'm really sorry to have found this to be true (I paid 2,000€ for this thing on January 2017). If you found a sollution please let us know.

Solution