Solved! MSI GE62VR 7RF not booting (no media present)

Solution
Is it turning on at all (and just not loading completely) or not turning on at all? If it is not turning on at all (no life signs) try Section 1. If it is turning on, but then not loading through to Windows, try Section 2.

Section 1...

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either...
Is it turning on at all (and just not loading completely) or not turning on at all? If it is not turning on at all (no life signs) try Section 1. If it is turning on, but then not loading through to Windows, try Section 2.

Section 1...

NOTE: Yes, I know some batteries are not so easy to get to, on some devices. However, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer first.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself, then I would try a local tech.

Section 2...

Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Another version of this is the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. When screen turns black, hit F10 and ALT repeatedly until the computer shuts off.
4. To fix the computer you should choose the second option listed.
5. When the next screen loads, choose the option "Reset Device".
6. Now choose which ever type of reset you wish.
7. Your computer should now restore itself to "Factory Settings".

NOTE: If you get a message saying "Error Resetting Device", then you should have the computer looked at by the manufacturer (if still under warranty) or by a tech.

Solution
Jan 19, 2019
@webworkings
What happens if I am connected to the internet for option 2?

Does it matter if I am connected to the internet if it happened after a blue screen?

The reason I say do not be connected to the internet (which is turned off not on the laptop itself, but either at the modem/router or take the laptop somewhere there is no internet) is because if any update or download is the problem, then it is just going to keep trying to install whatever it may be on the device as long as there is Ethernet or WiFi to connect to. So making sure you can't connect during this is necessary to avoid that problem.

The rotating wheels is mentioned so people know when to time the steps. You can still try that option, even if you don't get them. As long as you get that far in the startup process.

If you are able to turn it on and get it to the screens you mentioned before, and force it into Windows as well, then it is booting up (booting = starting).

Lets try this, telll me the exact screens you see when you turn on the power.