Question Msi ge70 laptop dont turn on. Only blue power button light

Nov 28, 2020
Hello there
My MSI GE70 laptop dont turn on. When i Press the power button, button light blue, fan, hdd, cd rom is work and screen black.48 seconds after pressing the button; laptop turn off . I tested all part of laptop cpu and chipset are heating, gpu is cold. How can i repair myself. I can’t find motherboard here.
Sorry my bad English.

Last edited:

gsp.gr81

Prominent
Jan 31, 2019
I would start with connecting it to an external monitor and see if you get any response there.

Even if that works though, the fact that it shuts down after x amount of time indicates that something worse might be of issue.

Reactions: Rcp50
Nov 28, 2020
I havent second display, i will try tomorrow in office. I tried to clean with cellulosic thinner all motherboard. Now laptop dont turn off but still screen black. Thank for help gsp.gr81 :)

Nov 28, 2020
I would start with connecting it to an external monitor and see if you get any response there.

Even if that works though, the fact that it shuts down after x amount of time indicates that something worse might be of issue.
I connected to an external display but any response :( now what can i do?

gsp.gr81

Prominent
Jan 31, 2019
I connected to an external display but any response :( now what can i do?

The last thing i can think of since the laptop screen is unavailable, is to pay attention to whatever LED lights light up on the keyboard/led status area.
If there is a pattern, it could be signalling an error code.

I looked for error codes online but MSI hasn't published them as far as i can tell.

You might need to call support for them to tell you.